Changing the skin on your phpBB2 forum is very easy. You can use following steps to change skin for phpbb2 forums.
1) Download the skin that you want to install from
2) To install the skin:
“A standard installation includes the subSilver style, which is of course a wonderful style. it can happen though that you would want to install one of the excellent other styles available. read this post if you want to know how.
1. download the style(s) of your choice from the styles download page
2. unpack the zip(s) and place the files in their own directory in the /templates/ directory inside your phpBB2 directory. if your server is online somewhere, then you’ll first need to unpack to a directory, then upload it to your server (Make sure that the folder has exactly the same name (case sensitive) as the cfg and css file. courtesy of black fluffy lion)
3. go to your administration control panel
4. under “styles admin”, click on the link “add”
5. you will find a list of styles that are present in the templates/ directory but that haven’t been installed to your forum. behind every style, you see an “install” link. click on that link to install the style.
6. if you’ve done this for all the styles that you wanted to install, then have fun! they’re now available to your users, or to you to set as the default style in general admin =>