Designing An Attractive Website
A key challenge is designing a site that & interesting enough to encourage repeat visits. Early text based websites have increasingly been replaced by sophisticated sites that provide text, sound & animation.
An effective websites feature seven design elements which are as follows;
- Context- Layout & Design.
- Content- Text, Pictures, Sound & Video the site contains.
- Community- How the site enables user to user communication.
- Customization- Sites ability to tailor itself to different users or to allow users to personalize the site.
- Communication- How the site enables site to user, user to site or two way communication.
- Connection- Degree that the site is linked to other site.
- Commerce- Sites capabilities to enable commercial transactions.
To encourage repeat visits, companies need to pay attention to context & content factors.