XML – most common language
- XForms: as its name suggests, is a language born to create forms (forms) of type HTML into an XML document.
- SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language): This language defined in XML, is used to describe the content and manage the timing of multi-media presentations that can combine videos, audio, images and text.
- MathML (Mathematical Markup Language): MathML is used for describing mathematical notation, taking a while to fix the structure and content, it can be reported and processed on the Web
- X3D (eXtensible 3D): X3D is a language that opens the door to build three-dimensional models, whether simple or sophisticated. So can be applied to objects created animations and mechanisms for user interaction. How language is built on the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML), in turn assumed to international standard in 1997. In the latter, the X3D will include the ability typical Extensible Markup Language (XML), integration with other technologies of the World Wide Web, validation of content and flexible addition of new hardware extensions if there were any needs.
- Core Profile – There are seven profiles, each of which comprises a set of features commonly used for different purposes. This allows developers to achieve intermediate levels of browser support dell’X3D, without needing to implement at once the complete specification) and componentization browser for faster downloading.
- XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) is a language used for communication and exchange of financial and accounting data in electronic format
XML and web pages: XHTML
The traditional HTML is not a real standard because of its excessive flexibility and operation unchanged even in the presence of semantic errors, syntax and grammar. Alongside him is XHTML or HTML traditional XML-based, with its rigid structure with its own rules.
For example, in XHTML, unlike in traditional HTML, empty tags should be closed with a slash (/) final empty attributes must be treated with true or false, the closing tag must be mirrored (if you open a tag and before closing it will open another, you must first close the second tag and then the first), many tags and many attributes are missing, the special characters should be managed along with other features, but also there is a dedicated DTD.
An XHTML (or XHTML code, since the extension of the page independent of the code in this case) does not work if written incorrectly and sent the correct mime type (application / xhtml + xml). When it is sent as text / html works because it is interpreted as html (with errors, such as closed <br /> tags) just does not meet the standard and does not enjoy its benefits, including the first browser and portability different clients.
Study: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The text is available under the Creative Commons.
- Cloud Computing: The Concept and Examples of its Virtual Services | Part 1 - July 23, 2012
- Why Rapidly Growing Companies Need Cloud Computing | Part 1 - July 22, 2012
- Web Designing Process | Strategic Planning | Part 1 - August 7, 2011