The .edu links count in the level of trust and hence it can enhance the power of the inbound links into particular domain. If you have good academic subject and relevant content knowledge and excellent writing skills you can get easily few.edu links from some of these valuable sites. For example if you check this site pwcs.edu and try to navigate through their “about us” page you can see “website index” at the bottom, looking into this you will find they have listed few links of other than educational sites such as publicsurplus.com, adobe.com, norrishomes4sale.com/ means if you solicit them providing some useful information they can link with you. Here are some ideas that you may wish to implement;
* Write articles in the field of higher education institutional networking, career counseling and quality higher education system and try to contact the responsible authority of few relevant .edu sites, take their appointment to discuss about your article and request them to have a look on that.
* If you visit an .edu sites that you think which have not well optimized or not complying with the web standards, try to contact the authority and offer them free help for redesigning and minor changes that particular site may require.
* If you can afford try to give some donation to institution or sponsor for scholarship for poor students.
* Try to sponsor events and relevant programs offering financial support through your company name.
* If you have blog, start some useful topic for students like yoga, exercise, sports, career counselling articles and discuss about it in relevant social networking site such as facebook.
* Take one or two hour free classes in the academic field that you are expertise. Don’t forget these students can be your future customers and can bring more business for you.
* Visit your old college where you have graduated and discuss with teaching faculty about your business.
* Post a part time job for something like content writer, internships and other entry level jobs on college job board and others relevant educational sites.
* Run a program that supports student clubs/hobby classes/dance classes, Offer online competitions, gift, and discounts to student groups.
Please feel free to add more points that you think best to attract links from .edu sites.