Control panel is a tool provided for users to simplify their efforts in the management of their account, website, domains etc. A control panel is generally graphical user interface which makes the management of the account easy even for a person who is using it for the first time. Most of the options are denoted by some graphical icons for better understanding.
There are many control panel’s in the hosting business namely cPanel, plesk, dotnet panel etc. Considering a Windows server, the control panel that is mostly used would be Plesk control panel or the dotnet control panel. Most web hosting providers provide Plesk or DotNetPanel with their Windows hosting packages.
With help of a control panel you can view the usage and the statisticts of your resources. Let us see how you can view the usage and the Statistics.
Once you have logged in your Plesk control panel you get the default options icons on the homepage like Reports, Limits, Preferences etc under the Domain option, Mail, Mailing Lists, DNS etc under the Services option etc.
Step 1: Click on the Limits option, you will see, limits displays the resources limits that are allocated to your account. Click on the Up Level tab provided above to return to the homepage.
Step 2: Click on the Reports option. The report will show you all account resource limits and usage, as well as user and full list of available scripts, utilities and resources.
* FTP Stats – This shows you a history of FTP activity on your site – both in upload as well as download.
* Traffic History – This will display the information on traffic usage by the Months and year.
* Traffic – This helps to view the detailed traffic statistics used by various services at the domain.
* Report Delivery – You can set-up a schedule for automatic delivery of report. Here you can specify the delivery address, the frequency of the report to be sent etc.
* Send by e-mail – You can send a copy of the report to the e-mail you specify in the box provided.
Step 3: Return to the homepage. Under the HOSTING option you get the sub-option of ‘Log Manager’, click on that. This allows you to manage the Log files: View, remove, and save on the local machine. You can click in the log file name to view it in a Log Files viewer in Windows.
By following these simple steps, you can check on the website statistics and resources.
eUKhost UK web hosting provides you with a complete hosting solution for all your needs and offers a free tech support with quality hosting services.
- 6 White hat seo techniques to achieve expected business online - February 13, 2012
- 6 Important SEO actions necessary to achieve a good online influence - January 13, 2012
- How to Monitor Site Resources & Statistics in Plesk - January 2, 2012