Follow the steps:
1. Download: http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/…s_posix_040.tgz
tar -zvxf sc_trans_posix_040.tgz
Make sure that the config file points to the Playlist file you are going to generate in step 4. You need to configure these configuration variables:
– ServerIP: This is the IP of your Shoutcast server which is probably the same server.
– ServerPort: Port 8000 is default
– Password: This is the password that you enter in the Shoutcast server configuration
– Bitrate: Depending on your radio, you can tweak the bitrate here
– The rest are fine default.
4. Create a playlist based on mp3s on the server:
find /path/to/mp3/directory -type f -name “*.mp3” > playlist.lst
5. Start your Shoutcast server
nohup ./sc_serv &
nohup and & is not compulsory but is nice to have. Nohup outputs to a log file and & runs the process in the background and returns you to shell.
6. Start your broadcast
nohup ./sc_trans_linux &
It should now be playing. Access your server by going to http://serverip:8000/listen.pls or if there’s an URL on that IP, you can use the URL as well.