ImageMagick is free software delivered as a ready-to-run binary distribution or as source code that can be freely used, copied, modified and distributed. Its license is compatible with the GPL.
It runs on all major operating systems. The functionality of ImageMagick is typically utilized from the command line or the features can be used from programs written in any programming language.
ImageMagick, version 6.2.9, is a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images. It can read, convert and write images in a variety of formats (about 100) including GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PNG, PDF, PhotoCD, TIFF, and DPX.
ImageMagick can be use to translate, flip, mirror, rotate, scale, shear and transform images, adjust image colors, apply various special effects, or draw text, lines, polygons, ellipses and B©zier curves.
- Format conversion: convert an image from one format to another (e.g. PNG to JPEG).
- Transform: resize, rotate, crop, flip or trim an image.
- Transparency: render portions of an image invisible.
- Draw: add shapes or text to an image.
- Decorate: add a border or frame to an image.
- Special effects: blur, sharpen, threshold, or tint an image.
- Text & comments: insert descriptive or artistic text in an image.
- Image identification: describe the format and attributes of an image.
- Animation: create a GIF animation sequence from a group of images.
- Composite: overlap one image over another.
Visit the eukhost website for more news, blog posts, knowledge base articles and information on our wide range of hosting services.