Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimbra vs Microsoft Exchange 2007

Dear Forum Members,

eUKhost will launch Hosted Exchange solution next week. We will also launch Zimbra collaboration Suite in next 2 weeks which has some better features in comparison to Microsoft Exchange 2007.

I would like to hear from experienced Forum Members or Customers and know what solution they will prefer if given a choice.
    I will choose Microsoft Exchange 2007
    28.57%
    I will choose Zimbra
    71.43%
    I am not interested
    0.00%
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Hate to be picky but you have 3 spellings of Zimbra here In the title is (correct) Zimbra, in the post is Zibra and in the poll is Zinbra

Anyway, this Zimbra sounds good - much cheaper and better than Exchange, which always seems cumbersome and slow! Just signed up to the trial of Zimbra on their website and it seems much quicker.

Keep up the good work I've been looking for Hosted Exchange for a potential customer so it's good to know good old Eukhost will be providing it!

Pete
    _________

Comment

The Zimbra is pretty good option.

cheaper than Microsoft Exchange
      Zimbra is Open Sourced software providing flexibility
      Multi-client support
      Flexibility of server platform deployment (RHEL, MacOS X, SuSE)
      Zimlets/SOAP/REST - ability to integrate with other systems
      A fully-indexed mailstore (for quick search including attachments)
      Integrated Spam/Anti-Virus
      Excellent Zimbra Support
      Excellent admin tools (API based) for administration
      Mobile device support: Windows mobile, Palm treo, symbian, blackberry, iphone
      Migration Wizard for migration:
      Migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Zimbra Collaboration Suite
      Migrating from IBM Lotus Domino to Zimbra Collaboration Suite
      MAX

Comment

Originally posted by petedaines View Post
        Hate to be picky but you have 3 spellings of Zimbra here In the title is (correct) Zimbra, in the post is Zibra and in the poll is Zinbra

Anyway, this Zimbra sounds good - much cheaper and better than Exchange, which always seems cumbersome and slow! Just signed up to the trial of Zimbra on their website and it seems much quicker.

Keep up the good work I've been looking for Hosted Exchange for a potential customer so it's good to know good old Eukhost will be providing it!

Pete
        Extremely sorry Pete.

I am not sure what I had in my breakfast yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
          Extremely sorry Pete.

I am not sure what I had in my breakfast yesterday.
          No problem I always seem to find these things!!

Zimbra does look nice, I've been playing around with it on a test machine at home and its quite easy to use etc - definitely better than Exchange in my opinion!

Pete

p.s. Mark, the link in your signature to Eukhost Knowledgebase comes up with a Database Error...!
          _________

Comment

Why choose Zimbra hosting over Microsoft Exchange hosting?
            Cost

Zimbra hosting is more cost efficient than Exchange hosting:

* Zimbra hosting: $5.49 to $9.95/mo per user
            * Exchange hosting: $9.95 to $24.95/mo per user

Flexibility

Use Zimbra on any platform (Windows, Apple, Linux), with any mobile device (BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, flip phones).
            Better administration

The Zimbra online administrator is light, simple to use, and flexible across multiple domains
            Solid security

Full integrated antispam and antivirus capabilities protect your users
            More than just the basics

Zimbra goes beyond just email, calendar, contact and task sharing. It adds a document center, instant messaging, and a collaborative wiki to the collaboration suite experience.
            Full feature set

Zimbra has all the major features of Exchange...and more.
            Feature

Exchange

Zimbra
            Calendar/contact, task sharing Yes Yes
            iPhone support Yes Yes
            Blackberry support Yes Yes
            Windows Mobile support Yes Yes
            Outlook 2007 support Yes Yes
            Universal desktop client No Yes
            Apple iSync support No Yes
            Flip phone J2E client No Yes
            Document management No Yes
            Instant messaging No Yes
            Briefcase/wiki No Yes
            SOX compliance out of the box No Yes
            Email grouping No Yes
            Integrated antispam, antivirus No Yes
            Integration with other systems Marginal Full SOAP
            Web Interface Marginal outside of IE All major browser supported

Comment

Yes, I have also read a lot about Zimbra over Microsoft Exchange. Some of the major advantages of Zimra over Exchange server are as follows:-

1) Zimbra is an Open source application with more flexibility.

2) It requires low CPU resources when compared to Microsoft Exchange.

3) It is compatible with mutliple OS

4) Zimlets/SOAP/REST we can integrate with other system.

5) You can search attachment

6) With Zimbra you will get inbuilt Spam and Anti-Virus feature.

7) Zimbra Support Their support response time is much better than Microsoft Exchange.

Comment

Zimbra has few additional features in comparison to Exchange which prove to be useful. Also, Zimbra uses AJAX and Web 2.0 Technology which is yet another benefit. Inspite of having more features in comparison to Exchange, the cost involved when it comes to Zimbra is quite less

Comment

Zimbra is a powerful solution for anybody looking to have a mail server.
                  Zimbra is moslty a good enterprise level email solution for a very affordable price and useful especially for the small or medium business.

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                    Zimbra hosting is more cost efficient than Exchange hosting:

* Zimbra hosting: $5.49 to $9.95/mo per user
                    * Exchange hosting: $9.95 to $24.95/mo per user
                    That seems expensive for Exchange Hosting. Microsoft's own BPOS (Business Productivity Online Suite), which include Exchange, Sharepoint, Office Communications Online and Office Live Meeting, cost around $15 per month (10/month). If all you want is Exchange it works out at about 6/month. Only downside is you have to have a minimum of 5 licences.

Is this the pricing for Exchange hosting being offered by eUKhost? If so, what does the $25 version include?

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by compserv View Post
                      That seems expensive for Exchange Hosting. Microsoft's own BPOS (Business Productivity Online Suite), which include Exchange, Sharepoint, Office Communications Online and Office Live Meeting, cost around $15 per month (10/month). If all you want is Exchange it works out at about 6/month. Only downside is you have to have a minimum of 5 licences.

Is this the pricing for Exchange hosting being offered by eUKhost? If so, what does the $25 version include?

Roger
                      Hi Roger!

We will be charging 9.95 per month per mailbox once the exchange hosting service is launched. I have many customers questioning me every day about hosted exchange solution. We will launch Zimbra hosting in a day or 2 and then proceed with setup of hosted exchange service.

Comment

If You want to convert or export your mails from Zimbra to Outlook then there are many tools and software are in market which but if want the reliable one I will tell that software which i have tested and used many time to convert or export mails the software name is Zimbra to Outlook Converter this will help to you convert your emails in PST and let you do that in very simple and easy way. Its very easy to use that tool and that is secure your data too. Try its trial

Visit here more info: Softaken Zimbra Converter software

Comment

Working...
                        X