New eUKhost Website Design!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New eUKhost Website Design!

I am sure many of you might have seen it already, we have redesigned the site at www.eukhost.com to make it more contemporary and user friendly.

It would be great to know your opinions on the new design. Please feel free to cast your vote in the opinion poll attached to this thread. We would appreciate any comments or suggestions that you might have. We hope you enjoy the new design and we look forward to hearing from all of you

Thank you all for being with us and continuing to use our services!
    It's great, I like it!
    52.94%
    It's ok, could be better.
    44.12%
    I preferred the old design.
    2.94%
    Can't say!
    0.00%
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

I like it, seems easier to navigate with more information avaiable with having to click anywhere.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

I voted "It's ok, could be better". Much better than the last design though.

Need to get rid of the unnecessary horizontal scroll bar that appears in the footer on some pages.

@Ryan, I sent you an e-mail the other day. I'm not sure if you got it or not. Please reply to e-mail. Thanks.
      cPanel Hosting | Fastest Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Web Hosting Forum

Comment

Thanks Brian and Chris for your feedback on the new design

@Chris, I have replied to your email.
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!

Comment

No problem at all.

The white background in the copyright section of the footer didn't look right when the horizontal scroll bar was underneath it. Now that you've corrected it looks much better now.

Offtopic: Have you thought about offering some Reseller templates to your Reseller customers? I know of a few other providers that do this. It's definitely a good idea to offer some decent valid X/HTML templates.

I will get a new design for my site soon too. The Web 2.0 look is the way to go now.

Comment

Definitely better, looks much more professional rather than amateurish.

Could do with a little polishing off here and there, the attention to detail, I often find it when giving a large web project to a developer who works from my designs.

1. Some of the yellow text in the fading band has black around it, some doesn't, it's better without, keep it consistent

2. If you're using rounded corners, such as in the left hand panel and menu, use this throughout. So make the panel containing the hosting packages have round corners too. Remove outlines where possible, it cleans up the design.

3. Just a small detail but bring the content away from the left edge slightly and keep it consistent with the right

4. make the price tags rounded on the bottom too, like "Start a live chat" etc in the footer, the ones on the dedicated server page look great

5. make the footer area the same blue as you have on the arrows within the fading panels at the top, too many different blues at the moment.

6. Make headers, UK WEB HOSTING and CHEAP WEB HOSTING lower case like Affiliate Program and "About EUKHost" on the about page for consistency, make them bigger too, these are important info.

7. About us and contact us int he menu go over on 2 lines (in safari) making the menu look kinked

8. On the grey menu bar put a touch of padding(or margin) on the right edge of the text, it currently butts right up to the right edge of the white rollover (in safari - haven't tested in ie)

9. Romove the white behind the copyright line at the very bottom of the page, make that sit on the background colour so the page footer ends with the blue panel.

10. On several pages round off the right hand top corner of the left panel. See reseller page as an example, also get some consistency between the blue on the left panel, the shading behind the headers and the blue in the fading area at the top.

A brilliant update and well done, hopefully the above tweaks will be taken on board and polish it off, I can see you still have to do the Knowledgebase, Forum etc
            Cheap international calls from mobile phones >

Comment

Great observation SiHost!

Thank you for your efforts in reviewing the newly designed website

Comment

All in all I think its a good redesign . Definite thumbs up from me - a massive improvement. Well done .
                David Smith
                Managing Director
                DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
                  All in all I think its a good redesign . Definite thumbs up from me - a massive improvement. Well done .
                  Thanks David for your comments on our website redesign, we're improving as the days pass by :wink:
                  Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
                    Thanks David for your comments on our website redesign, we're improving as the days pass by :wink:
                    No problem. That can definitely be seen .
                    David Smith
                    Managing Director
                    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                    - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

nice design

Comment

I just want to say it's a great design and a lot better than the last, I cannot say what is better and what isn't right now but a big well done from me!

Comment

Originally posted by xLoydx View Post
                          I just want to say it's a great design and a lot better than the last, I cannot say what is better and what isn't right now but a big well done from me!
                          Thanks again
                          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Comment

Integration between WHMCS and the site would be nice. After leaving WHMCS you cannot tell that you are signed in or not which is not very good for usability standards.

I have experience with integrating WHMCS with a very powerful CMS which allows you to login and display that you are logged in whether you are in WHMCS or on the main site. I created a custom AJAX/JSON login system on my own hosting site that uses WHMCS and it works nicely.

Other than that the site is looking much better than previously.

Comment

Agreed. There is good reason to get the billing system to look the same as the website. Potential users are put off from purchasing if going from website page to billing system and design starts to look different. Loads of info/stats about that on the web.

Well worth doing the WHMCS Integration. I offer basic WHMCS Integration for 9.95. It's quite easy to do with pure CSS/X/HTML designs. Can be a bit of a PITA with Joomla type CMS systems or designs using pure tables though.

BTW I don't know if you have noticed it already but the navigation only seems to work on the Index page Web Hosting Service Provider in UK

It doesn't work on other pages like Dedicated Web Server Hosting Services in UK only at eUKhost

Comment

Working...
                              X