No announcement yet.

cPanel & WHM 11.28 to be released.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cPanel & WHM 11.28 to be released.....

cPanel & WHM 11.28 version will be released on November 3, 2010. The newest version of cPanel & WHM will include a number of new features and important improvements to existing features.

The following new major features will be includes in cPanel & WHM 11.28 release

Improved Security
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It has included important security features. System administrators can now:

* Set a maximum password age.
    * Require users from unrecognized IP addresses to answer security questions before they access cPanel, WHM, and webmail.
    Database Mapping
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the current, cPanel has always appended an account's username to any database name or database username created by the account (for example, a database might be named "user_dbname"). This changes with the addition of the Database Mapping feature. The latest version of cPanel & WHM allows system administrators to disable this naming convention, providing greater flexibility to you and your clients.

This change:
    * Simplifies migration from other control panels
    * Improves use of remote database servers
    * Lays a foundation for future improvements to database service enhancements.

Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
    Cpanel has added support for the new Horde Groupware Webmail Edition in cPanel & WHM 11.28.Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a enterprise ready, browser based communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages and manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde Project. Horde Groupware Webmail Edition bundles the separately available applications IMP, Ingo, Kronolith, Turba, Nag and Mnemo.

Additional features of Horde Groupware Webmail Edition are:

* IMAP and POP3 webmail client
    * Message filtering
    * Message searching
    * HTML message composition with WYSIWIG editor
    * Spell checking
    * Built in attachment viewers
    * Encrypting and signing of messages (S/MIME and PGP)
    * Quota support
    * Keyboard navigation
    * Full character set support for folders names and email messages
    * Conversation view of all messages in a thread
    * Folder tree in left menu pane
    * Message previews in mailbox view
    * Downloading of message attachments in a ZIP file
    * Fetching of messages from external email accounts
    * Flexible, individual alias addresses
    * IMAP folder subscriptions
    * Shared IMAP folders
    * Graphical emoticons
    * Support for mailing list headers
    * Forwarding of multiple messages at once
    * Attachments sent as links

Custom Webmail Applications
    Want to use your own webmail applications? System administrators and server owners can now provide access to third-party and custom webmail applications, right from the WHM interface.

Resource Locking for Web Disk
    cPanel & WHM 11.28 now provides resource locking support for the web disk (WebDAV) feature. This means we support more WebDAV clients. Now, you can choose the client that’s right for you, while preventing data loss by using a locking-compatible client.

Redesigned WHM interfaces
    We have given a facelift to a number of WHM interfaces. The updated interfaces include:

* Tweak Settings
    * Exim Configuration Editor
    * Basic cPanel/WHM Setup
    Each of these interfaces now features tabs that divide settings into categories, warnings when invalid data is entered, and a search field to make finding items in the lists a snap.

cPanel/WHM anticipate publishing to the product tiers on the following dates:

HTML Code:
    [CURRENT October 20, 2010
    RELEASE,  November 3, 2010
    STABLE,  November 17, 2010
    DNSONLY, November 17, 2010

For more details please refer cPanel 11.28

It is highly recommended that if you plan on upgrading that you review these notes in advance.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Alex Parker
    Senior System Administrator.
    Dedicated Hosting || Semi Dedicated Hosting|Disaster Recovery Solutions

EMAIL:alex @ eukhost.com
    MSN: alex @ eukhost.com

All sounds good - must remember to upgrade now! - That'll be the challenge .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I take it most of the servers are upgraded?
      S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

Originally posted by Site View Post
        I would assume so by now. Could be wrong though.

I've just logged in and realise that I don't have to do the upgrades - I set the auto upgrades feature so its all done for me. A definite moment!
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by Site View Post
          Yes, all of our Linux shared hosting servers (& mostly all Linux Dedicated servers which have the auto update feature enabled) are updated to the latest cPanel version
          Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
          I would assume so by now. Could be wrong though.

I've just logged in and realise that I don't have to do the upgrades - I set the auto upgrades feature so its all done for me. A definite moment!
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
            Yes, all of our Linux shared hosting servers (& mostly all Linux Dedicated servers which have the auto update feature enabled) are updated to the latest cPanel version
            Definitely Rock! .
            David Smith
            Managing Director
            DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
            X