Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement :: eUKhost Service Status Updates

Dear Customers,

We are pleased to inform you that euk-status.com - is Live now. Downtime to any of our services including Network issues, scheduled maintenance, shared servers & VM nodes reboot notifications will be posted on euk-status.com as and when required. We have formed a special team of support personnel to look after this, so if any server goes down OR if there's any network issue, updates will be posted on this website instantly.

This website has been specifically developed to provide a service status overview to all eUKhost customers. It is hosted on a server outside of UK, so it is isolated from both our UK datacenters and our network infrastructure.

We also offer an RSS feed listing of our service announcements & service checks; both of which are freely available to customers & anyone else who would find them useful : euk-status.com -

We are currently looking at setting up multiple monitoring nodes inside & outside the network. You can contact our support technicians anytime via 24x7 Live Chat OR email/ticketing system for more information or assistance.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

I have subscribed to the feeds but how do I know which VPS node my server is on?

Comment

Originally posted by stevem View Post
      I have subscribed to the feeds but how do I know which VPS node my server is on?
      You can see that by logging into your billing area, it's the text just next to your IP address eg: xx.xx.xx.xx#EL144, here xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address & EL144 is the server's hostname..
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Good idea. Another good addition to the eUKhost range of services. Thumbs up!
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
        - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Good idea, yes, but worse than useless if it's not regularly updated when issues arise and continue.
          Only updating when customers prompt for updates on this forum isn't really a proper status update service!

Comment

Hi Nige,

Our technicians usually update the status blog as soon as we become aware of a problem and action is taken. However there have been occasions where we haven't updated the status blog fast enough and had forwarded concerns to the CTO to improve this timeframe.

Kind regards,
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
              Hi Nige,

Our technicians usually update the status blog as soon as we become aware of a problem and action is taken. However there have been occasions where we haven't updated the status blog fast enough and had forwarded concerns to the CTO to improve this timeframe.

Kind regards,
              Ben
              Thanks Ben.
              Yes, there have been "occasions"!
              You might also mention to the CTO that Support tickets enquiring about the status of an ongoing issue should not just refer customers to a status page that was last updated three days previously.

Comment

Re: Announcement :: eUKhost Service Status Updates

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
                Hi Nige,

Kind regards,
                Ben
                For more than 48 hours I have been asking livechat why the lun issue on the vm cloud system is not on the status page, instead of adding it they just created a ticket, when questioned again today why there is still no status listed all I get is:-

"I do apologize."

Its bad enough that a system with a 100% uptime SLA has is down but ridiculous not to post updates!

Comment

+1 to the sentiment of 'useless unless it's updated'.

Tonight one of my dedicated servers is going to be down for up to 7 hours (hopefully no longer ) because it's being migrated to a new data centre - but I don't see anything about this on the service status page nor anywhere else (except from the ticket I received via email). It seems odd that such a massive thing isn't documented anywhere. It'd be a really nice use of the service status site, to have regular updates on progress of the data centre migration as I sit here quietly panicking about my server.

Comment

And this was posted last night when the upgrade was scheduled for 11AM this morning!

admin says:

09/09/2013 at 8:07 PM

Dear customers,
                    We have upgraded the host and storage network connectivity to avoid network bottleneck and improve the network disk performance. Now everything is back to normal.
                    If there any issue please open a ticket.

So we are back to not knowing the status again, as I sit here watching lost business with server load at 30+!!!

Comment

Has the upgrade been completed yet?
                      My vm is still showing high loads and large iowait values.

Comment

Originally posted by squidier View Post
                        Has the upgrade been completed yet?
                        My vm is still showing high loads and large iowait values.
                        Hello,

Our engineers have been migrating some virtual machines live over to the second storage cluster and are continuing this process as I write.

We're working to get this completed as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

Ben Stones

Comment

Working...
                        X