Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [cPanel-News] cPanel Releases cPanel & WHM 11.32 to the RELEASE tier

Dear All,

Houston, TX — cPanel & WHM version 11.32, which released today to the RELEASE tier, offers numerous updates, including enhancements to mail functionality and login screens. It also officially supports DKIM and includes the Logaholic web analytics application. This latest release features 202 bug fixes and case implementations since going to the EDGE tier on February 15, 2012.

Enhanced mail functionality

cPanel has made enhancements to the WHM Mail Queue Manager. Among the changes, it offers users the ability to take action on multiple messages of the user’s choice, search the mail queue, and take action on the results.

Searching and troubleshooting mail deliveries is simplified with the addition of Mail Delivery Reports, for WHM users, and Email Trace, for cPanel and webmail users.

Improved localized login page

cPanel & WHM users will also notice an improved localized login page. The cPanel & WHM login screens now feature an updated design and localization options. The login page will default to the language used by your browser when loaded.

cPanel & WHM supports 14 languages for the login interface, and users may choose which locale (language) cPanel or WHM should use.

Now supported

DKIM has long provided validation for incoming mail. With version 11.32, cPanel & WHM can sign outgoing messages. DKIM is now supported and can be managed by cPanel accounts through the Email Authentication feature in cPanel. Resellers can apply DKIM records to new accounts during account creation.

cPanel & WHM Project Manager Ken Power said “We are proud to get DKIM integrated into the product. This is something the customers asked for and we listened.”

Now available

Along with various enhancements, the Logaholic web analytics bundle is now officially available to cPanel users with the 11.32 release.

Other notable updates include:

Improved email rate limiting

New Exim Configuration Editor

Improved cPanel::Hooks system

MySQL 5.5 now supported

MyDNS-NG now supported

Better management of files through the cPanel File Manager Interface

IPv6 support in Apache distiller

Reduced memory overhead for cphulk, cpsrvd, and cpdavd when idle

Learn more about 11.32 updates and enhancements:

11.32 Microsite: go.cpanel.net/1132site

Release Notes: go.cpanel.net/1132rn

Change Log: go.cpanel.net/1132changes
    Thanks and Regards,
    Alex Parker
    Senior System Administrator.
    Dedicated Hosting || Semi Dedicated Hosting|Disaster Recovery Solutions

EMAIL:alex @ eukhost.com
    MSN: alex @ eukhost.com

Thanks for the update Alex . I'll check that I'm all upgraded .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

After being sent the cPanel email yesterday, I manually upgraded a couple of the smaller Cloud VMs. Apart from restarting a few services everything went fine, unlike the vmware Cloud automated upgrade, which required manual intervention.
      Disable the commonly used DAG repo, run 'yum clean all', "yum makecache" and a command line upcp - which eventually worked from the slow mirror. (A switch to different nameservers in resolv.conf didn't activate a different mirror. )
      So, if you have issues logging into WHM/cPanel, you now know what to do.
      Not too impressed that they've changed the login theme on a whim, so that would be good to get reverted.
      At long last, they've upgraded Exim - let's see if that gets updated more frequently from now on.
      I'll take a look at the new logging/stats program but it would have been 'nice' to have had the choice to install or not.
      sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
      (I'm not social )

Comment

Thanks for the info EJ .
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

anyone getting icons missing in cpanel after this update? logaholic and email trace icons missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Welshy View Post
            anyone getting icons missing in cpanel after this update? logaholic and email trace icons missing...
            Small fry compared to the plonker at cPanel who changed the order of the fullbackup script parameters! Automated user backups have been failing until I traced that the email address has moved further down the list. That was my Sunday morning wasted.
            sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
            (I'm not social )

Comment

EJS sorry to hear you had problems too..... backups on server not run yet so will see if they fail too

Comment

Sounds like this has been a less than perfect update .
                David Smith
                Managing Director
                DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

DPS.... this is nomal.. lol

Comment

DPS.... this is nomal.. lol
                    Yeah - I did have a hint of sarcasm in my previous post lol.
                    David Smith
                    Managing Director
                    DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Just a follow up on the missing icons, cpanel are aware of this and have an internal case open on this issue (58739). We will be resolving this in an upcoming update.

Comment

Just a follow up on the missing icons, cpanel are aware of this and have an internal case open on this issue (58739). We will be resolving this in an upcoming update.
                        Thanks for the info Welshy.

An update for the update.

The only question is, when is work going to start on the update for the update of the update? .
                        David Smith
                        Managing Director
                        DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Has anyone had problems with backups in 11.32?

My backups used to run in 4-5hours from about 1am until 5am, yesterday and today they took round 16-18 hours and caused high server load all day as they ran from 1am until 8pm!

When checking backup logs it shows "waiting for load to go down" "waiting for load to go down" so I guess that's delaying them.

There is 2 things, in tweak settings there is a load of settings for disk IO priority for backups etc. Maybe this has defaulted too low? There is also another setting where we can set more processors than we really have to fool cpbackup etc to thinking the load is not high.

I am persuming one of these will solve the problem, but it's really bad that there is no proper explanation of any of this, just short non-descriptive stuff in the cpanel documentation.
                          Cheap international calls from mobile phones >

Comment

I've just done some tweaking and things are looking better so far tonight.
                            For anyone else reading this and has this problem, in tweak settings I set the stats and logs Extra CPUs for server load to double what I have, so if you have 2cpu's, set it to 4, this actually fools cpbackup into thinking the load is not high and so it doesn't pause. Obviously this will cause a high load on your server, but this is actually what we want, so we get the backups over and done with before morning!

Secondly we tweaked the system setting in tweak settings "I/O priority level at which nightly backups are run" and reduced the default 3 to 2, to give backups more priority.

With this info hopefully I have helped others save some time.
                            Cheap international calls from mobile phones >

Comment

Hello sihost,

Thanks for sharing the valuable information. Cpanel has changed the some tweak in Stats as well as backup process to avoid the server overhead. If there will be high load on the server these process will be automatically goes in pause/idle states.

If you want to change load threshold limit you can do it though the whm. Ensure the load threshold is set to a lower value under the "Stats and Logs" tab in:

"WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings"

The name of the option is called "Extra CPUs for server load". If the server load goes above this threshold, then services such as cpbackup will stop running until the load goes back down.
                              Thanks and Regards,
                              Alex Parker
                              Senior System Administrator.
                              Dedicated Hosting || Semi Dedicated Hosting|Disaster Recovery Solutions

EMAIL:alex @ eukhost.com
                              MSN: alex @ eukhost.com

Comment

Working...
                              X