Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [cPanel-News] cPanel Releases cPanel & WHM 11.32 to the RELEASE tier

Dear All,

Houston, TX — cPanel & WHM version 11.32, which released today to the RELEASE tier, offers numerous updates, including enhancements to mail functionality and login screens. It also officially supports DKIM and includes the Logaholic web analytics application. This latest release features 202 bug fixes and case implementations since going to the EDGE tier on February 15, 2012.

Enhanced mail functionality

cPanel has made enhancements to the WHM Mail Queue Manager. Among the changes, it offers users the ability to take action on multiple messages of the user’s choice, search the mail queue, and take action on the results.

Searching and troubleshooting mail deliveries is simplified with the addition of Mail Delivery Reports, for WHM users, and Email Trace, for cPanel and webmail users.

Improved localized login page

cPanel & WHM users will also notice an improved localized login page. The cPanel & WHM login screens now feature an updated design and localization options. The login page will default to the language used by your browser when loaded.

cPanel & WHM supports 14 languages for the login interface, and users may choose which locale (language) cPanel or WHM should use.

Now supported

DKIM has long provided validation for incoming mail. With version 11.32, cPanel & WHM can sign outgoing messages. DKIM is now supported and can be managed by cPanel accounts through the Email Authentication feature in cPanel. Resellers can apply DKIM records to new accounts during account creation.

cPanel & WHM Project Manager Ken Power said “We are proud to get DKIM integrated into the product. This is something the customers asked for and we listened.”

Now available

Along with various enhancements, the Logaholic web analytics bundle is now officially available to cPanel users with the 11.32 release.

Other notable updates include:

Improved email rate limiting

New Exim Configuration Editor

Improved cPanel::Hooks system

MySQL 5.5 now supported

MyDNS-NG now supported

Better management of files through the cPanel File Manager Interface

IPv6 support in Apache distiller

Reduced memory overhead for cphulk, cpsrvd, and cpdavd when idle

Learn more about 11.32 updates and enhancements:

11.32 Microsite: go.cpanel.net/1132site

Release Notes: go.cpanel.net/1132rn

Change Log: go.cpanel.net/1132changes

• Ben Stones
    replied
    Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
    Yeah - I did have a hint of sarcasm in my previous post lol.
    Sarcasm detectors don't work very well online up to this point . We need an innovation .

Originally posted by ejsolutions View Post
    Discovered another nasty yesterday/today.
    I wanted to change some Apache settings via WHM, which updated the (main) httpd.conf file. When the changed file is saved, an automatic Apache rebuild and restart is done - this killed Apache outright! Fortunately, a file rollback, within WHM, retrieved one prior to the recent upgrade and Apache could be restarted. [That's the shortened version of the story.]
    The issue appears to be SSL related with the indicated error pointing in that direction but I don't have time to fully diagnose. What is relevant to me, is to check whether my other Cloud nodes are doing the same.
    Key points: do a test Apache rebuild sooner, rather than later and when the server is least busy. Only make a small change such as max. number of spare servers. Let it rebuild and be ready with a known good backup of httpd.conf - you may need it. Note that a rebuild can take up to 45minutes to complete, though you have an option to build only and do a more controlled restart.

Forewarned is forearmed.. or something like that.
    Might help someone.
    Thank you for the heads up EJ! Will help other customers .

Leave a comment:

• ejsolutions
    replied
    Discovered another nasty yesterday/today.
    I wanted to change some Apache settings via WHM, which updated the (main) httpd.conf file. When the changed file is saved, an automatic Apache rebuild and restart is done - this killed Apache outright! Fortunately, a file rollback, within WHM, retrieved one prior to the recent upgrade and Apache could be restarted. [That's the shortened version of the story.]
    The issue appears to be SSL related with the indicated error pointing in that direction but I don't have time to fully diagnose. What is relevant to me, is to check whether my other Cloud nodes are doing the same.
    Key points: do a test Apache rebuild sooner, rather than later and when the server is least busy. Only make a small change such as max. number of spare servers. Let it rebuild and be ready with a known good backup of httpd.conf - you may need it. Note that a rebuild can take up to 45minutes to complete, though you have an option to build only and do a more controlled restart.

Forewarned is forearmed.. or something like that.
    Might help someone.

Leave a comment:

• triton1
    replied
    when they say update I get a scared :smile:

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Seems like they've got some work to do still on cPanel and WHM (unsurprisingly! ).

Leave a comment:

• AlexP
    replied
    STABLE tier released postponed

Dear All,
    The release of cPanel & WHM 11.32 to the STABLE tier has been delayed until Monday April 23, 2012. This was due to a bug discovered in MySQL 5.1.62
    To ensure that the best possible product is being delivered to our customers, we felt that delaying the release was the best course of actions. This should lessen the impact felt during the update.

Leave a comment:

• AlexP
    replied
    [cPanel-News] cPanel & WHM 11.32 released to the STABLE tier

Dear All,
    Today cpanel has sent one more announcement about the 11:32.2 version as they are all set to public 11:32.2 version into the STABLE tier tomorrow Wednesday
    April 18, 2012 date

************************************************** **************************************
    As you may already know, we have been working hard to release 11.32.2 in our production tiers. It is currently available in EDGE, CURRENT, and RELEASE tiers. Currently over half of cPanel & WHM installs are running 11.32.2. This release provides many benefits and new features such as an improved Mail Queue Manager, Mail Delivery Reports, support for DKIM email signing, improved Email Rate Limiting, improved Exim Mail Server Configuration, Logaholic web analytics, MySQL 5.5 support, support for MyDNS-NG name server, a new localized Login Page, better 3rd party integration hooks, and several other features.

We are all set to publish 11.32.2 into the STABLE tier tomorrow, Wednesday April 18, 2012. Along with all the great features mentioned above we would like to give you an idea of what to expect during the upgrade:

Since the upgrade changes the login interface there may be a period of time when your users are unable to login. Once that part of the upgrade completes you and your users will see the beautiful new login system.

To give you a head start in using the Mail Delivery Report feature, data from your mail logs will be imported into the MySQL database used by the application. It is possible this data import will cause a higher load than normal for MySQL during this period.

The custom themes that we often see in the community is a testament to the flexibility and popularity of the branding and theming systems of cPanel & WHM. With the changes made to cPanel & WHM 11.32 it’s possible for some branding packages to have incompatibilities when upgrading from 11.30 to 11.32.

With the enhancements to the Exim Mal Server Configuration, we have also improved the detection of incompatible exim.conf customizations. During the upgrade if such customizations are detected your current exim.conf will be backed up, the customizations will be disabled, and you will be notified. This occurs to ensure email continues to function during and after the upgrade.

We certainly hope you enjoy cPanel & WHM 11.32 as much as we enjoyed creating it for you.

Learn more about 11.32 updates and enhancements:
    11.32 Microsite: go.cpanel.net/1132site
    Release Notes: go.cpanel.net/1132rn
    Change Log: go.cpanel.net/1132changes

************************************************** **************************************

Leave a comment:

• Welshy
    replied
    Have a workaround to fix the icon issue in CPanel where the icons are missing for Logaholic and email trace. Please try the following :-

PART1
    Login WHM with your reseller login details (if root access is disabled)>
    Main >> cPanel >> Branding
    x3 theme line, press live editor
    find Available Branding Styles, style of [root](this first one)
    root template area find Edit this Style Link > click on it
    click Edit Icons Link> at footer press Reset All Icons button

PART 2
    come back to
    Main >> cPanel >> Branding
    x3 theme line, press live editor
    find Available Branding Styles, style of [root](this first one)
    click > Apply to All Accounts

Hope that helps

Welshy

Leave a comment:

• AlexP
    replied
    Hello sihost,

Thanks for sharing the valuable information. Cpanel has changed the some tweak in Stats as well as backup process to avoid the server overhead. If there will be high load on the server these process will be automatically goes in pause/idle states.

If you want to change load threshold limit you can do it though the whm. Ensure the load threshold is set to a lower value under the "Stats and Logs" tab in:

"WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings"

The name of the option is called "Extra CPUs for server load". If the server load goes above this threshold, then services such as cpbackup will stop running until the load goes back down.

Leave a comment:

• sihost
    replied
    I've just done some tweaking and things are looking better so far tonight.
    For anyone else reading this and has this problem, in tweak settings I set the stats and logs Extra CPUs for server load to double what I have, so if you have 2cpu's, set it to 4, this actually fools cpbackup into thinking the load is not high and so it doesn't pause. Obviously this will cause a high load on your server, but this is actually what we want, so we get the backups over and done with before morning!

Secondly we tweaked the system setting in tweak settings "I/O priority level at which nightly backups are run" and reduced the default 3 to 2, to give backups more priority.

With this info hopefully I have helped others save some time.

Leave a comment:

• sihost
    replied
    Has anyone had problems with backups in 11.32?

My backups used to run in 4-5hours from about 1am until 5am, yesterday and today they took round 16-18 hours and caused high server load all day as they ran from 1am until 8pm!

When checking backup logs it shows "waiting for load to go down" "waiting for load to go down" so I guess that's delaying them.

There is 2 things, in tweak settings there is a load of settings for disk IO priority for backups etc. Maybe this has defaulted too low? There is also another setting where we can set more processors than we really have to fool cpbackup etc to thinking the load is not high.

I am persuming one of these will solve the problem, but it's really bad that there is no proper explanation of any of this, just short non-descriptive stuff in the cpanel documentation.

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Originally posted by Welshy View Post
    Just a follow up on the missing icons, cpanel are aware of this and have an internal case open on this issue (58739). We will be resolving this in an upcoming update.
    Thanks for the info Welshy.

An update for the update.

The only question is, when is work going to start on the update for the update of the update? .

Leave a comment:

• Welshy
    replied
    Just a follow up on the missing icons, cpanel are aware of this and have an internal case open on this issue (58739). We will be resolving this in an upcoming update.

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Originally posted by Welshy View Post
    DPS.... this is nomal.. lol
    Yeah - I did have a hint of sarcasm in my previous post lol.

Leave a comment:

• Welshy
    replied
    DPS.... this is nomal.. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X