No announcement yet.

Free End User Support for Resellers !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API. That's what's needed here. It seems to be a bit of a disorganised idea at the moment - the user just fills in any old form from the reseller's website hosting, and it's sent to an 'anonymous' support email address. How about doing something really simple, but structured, such as making the form have to contain certain standard details. e.g.

Text field: user's name (Max 40 chars)
    Text field: user's email (Max 50 chars)
    Text field: user's domain (Max 40 chars)
    Text field: message title (Max 200 chars)
    Text field: message (Max 5000 chars)
    Hidden field: reseller's primary domain (Max 40 chars)
    Hidden field: email address to bcc replies to (Max 50 chars)
    Hidden field: company name to be used in replies (Max 30 chars)

The complexity would then come from the user trying to respond to the reply from support, but it's not insurmountable - it could either be done by generating a ticket number and logging the hidden fields from the initial enquiry to tie them to that particular ticket, or even by forcing the whole process online, and offering a skinnable support ticket system that could be included within reseller's sites by means of AJAX or an IFrame.

There's obviously a certain amount of development needed either way, but I would prefer to see it done with formal guidelines and rules than just ad-hoc. It seems dangerous to me to open up floods of enquiries from resellers' clients in anything other than a formal, rigid way - it's a recipe for disaster and I wouldn't like to see EUKHosts support be sidetracked into dealing with messy end-user tickets without a proper infrastructure. I for one, would happily pay for this service, and no other host I've come across offers this, so it could be a good source of revenue for EUKHost.

Comment

That would get my vote!

Comment

Originally posted by danwednesday View Post
        API. That's what's needed here. It seems to be a bit of a disorganised idea at the moment - the user just fills in any old form from the reseller's website hosting, and it's sent to an 'anonymous' support email address. How about doing something really simple, but structured, such as making the form have to contain certain standard details. e.g.

Text field: user's name (Max 40 chars)
        Text field: user's email (Max 50 chars)
        Text field: user's domain (Max 40 chars)
        Text field: message title (Max 200 chars)
        Text field: message (Max 5000 chars)
        Hidden field: reseller's primary domain (Max 40 chars)
        Hidden field: email address to bcc replies to (Max 50 chars)
        Hidden field: company name to be used in replies (Max 30 chars)

The complexity would then come from the user trying to respond to the reply from support, but it's not insurmountable - it could either be done by generating a ticket number and logging the hidden fields from the initial enquiry to tie them to that particular ticket, or even by forcing the whole process online, and offering a skinnable support ticket system that could be included within reseller's sites by means of AJAX or an IFrame.

There's obviously a certain amount of development needed either way, but I would prefer to see it done with formal guidelines and rules than just ad-hoc. It seems dangerous to me to open up floods of enquiries from resellers' clients in anything other than a formal, rigid way - it's a recipe for disaster and I wouldn't like to see EUKHosts support be sidetracked into dealing with messy end-user tickets without a proper infrastructure. I for one, would happily pay for this service, and no other host I've come across offers this, so it could be a good source of revenue for EUKHost.
        You do have a point, however this service has and continues to be very popular and a good selling point among customers of eUKhost.

"No other host you have come across offers this" but this is because eUKhost is not just "another host". eUKhosts business has been built up by the fact that they are different and arn't just the same as others - that is what generates revenue for the company, not withdrawing every offer and only doing the bare miniumum.

Not many other hosts do a free domain competition, most charge for domains but that doesn't mean that eUKhost should end that competition and just fall in line with everyone else.

If you are happy to pay for this service then there are many providers of such services out there that you can integrate with your website hosting / web space provided by eUKhost. And for other people who are currently using this free service and are happy - they can carry on using this.

That way, everybody is happy and pleased - which will ultimately bring in more revenue .
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
        - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Hi DPS, sorry, I didn't mean to come across as being critical at all. To be honest, after having read the whole thread I wasn't sure if the service was something that was actually up and running and widely used or whether it was under construction as there seemed to be some debate about how it should work.

After some terrible VPS Hosting teething problems I've been happy with EUKHost - all I was trying to suggest was that if there was a formal API for end user support, it would be very attractive to myself and also to potential customers. It's not something I've seen anyone else advertise, and it's not something I was immediately aware of when I signed up with EUKHost - although it would have been a very strong 'pro' had I known. I've no doubt that the people who use the current service (I will be one of them now I know it's actually up and running) are happy with it.

So is there any documentation at all on this service? What variables to I send to the support email?

Again, sorry if you took my post as being critical - I think it's a good idea to offer this, but to offer a fully documented API would be even better and would give EUKHost an even greater advantage! :smile:

Comment

I am not sure what sort of documentation you need or why you need any sort of API for such simplified solution. All you need to do is forward your client requests to [email protected] and it will be replied by one of our staff members anonymously with a signature like following :-

Regards,
            Mark,
            Support Team.

I hope that makes it look simple now. We will setup a frontend as well which can be used by your customers to submit tickets online. It would be similar to http://support.eukhost.com, but without any information of eUKhost.
            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by danwednesday View Post
              Hi DPS, sorry, I didn't mean to come across as being critical at all. To be honest, after having read the whole thread I wasn't sure if the service was something that was actually up and running and widely used or whether it was under construction as there seemed to be some debate about how it should work.

After some terrible VPS Hosting teething problems I've been happy with EUKHost - all I was trying to suggest was that if there was a formal API for end user support, it would be very attractive to myself and also to potential customers. It's not something I've seen anyone else advertise, and it's not something I was immediately aware of when I signed up with EUKHost - although it would have been a very strong 'pro' had I known. I've no doubt that the people who use the current service (I will be one of them now I know it's actually up and running) are happy with it.

So is there any documentation at all on this service? What variables to I send to the support email?

Again, sorry if you took my post as being critical - I think it's a good idea to offer this, but to offer a fully documented API would be even better and would give EUKHost an even greater advantage! :smile:
              No problem, you are allowed to be critical of things, I was just putting forward the other side of the argument so that there is a balanced view. Your opinions on improving any services or any comments you have are greatfully recieved by both me and I am sure by the eUKhost team.

As Mark has said, the system has worked well thus far and has been running for a significant amount of time. The system is simple, but that I think is the beauty of it - the more complicated you make it the more prone to failure it is and the more failures it has the worse it is recieved by customers thus putting people off .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
              - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I'm also trying to get this setup http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f13/end-user-support-11543/
                cPanel Hosting | Fastest Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Web Hosting Forum

Comment

Hi Is there any update on this service? I am very much interested.

Kunal

Comment

Working...
                  X