Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jodysmith
    Hello,
    I would like to know that are there any problems regarding data retrieval in the online system? like server down, or site not available due to updation or sometimes even site not found as i have experienced these problems in the past. i have to carry some confidential data along with me all the time and i cannot afford to get it eavesdropped.

In case of mysql backups , at times the tables within database gets locked up due to continuous update to the database as the site remains online and this may cause problem when the database is restored from the backups.
    Patrick

Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting

Comment

Just had a look at the offsite backup for our semi-dedicated, and it has none of the files from the public server, and incomplete and mostly well out of date copies of the mysql databases.... can you tell me what is going wrong?

Are these files backed up somewhere else internally to eukhost?

Comment

Originally posted by paulwebster View Post
        Just had a look at the offsite backup for our semi-dedicated, and it has none of the files from the public server, and incomplete and mostly well out of date copies of the mysql databases.... can you tell me what is going wrong?

Are these files backed up somewhere else internally to eukhost?
        I have checked backup disk usages of your account on backup server and you have exceeded allocated disk quota due to which backup is failed since last few days. You will have to upgrade you backup account.
        Thanks and Regards,
        Alex Parker
        Senior System Administrator.
        Dedicated Hosting || Semi Dedicated Hosting|Disaster Recovery Solutions

EMAIL:alex @ eukhost.com
        MSN: alex @ eukhost.com

Comment

Which plan do I need if I have a 1,000 visitors per day?
          Find the best and latest .

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie View Post
            Which plan do I need if I have a 1,000 visitors per day?
            The backup plan you should choose depends on the amount of data you wish to take backup for. If you would like to take a backup of important files only, one of our backup plans should be sufficient for your requirements, however, if you wish to take the backup of all the data on your hosting plan/server, you may consider a customized backup solution. You can contact our Sales dept and our Sales dept will assist you with the purchase of a Backup plan as per your needs

Comment

... have backup options changed?

Hi,

Looks like I'm going to keep this thread open!

I have an existing backup plan (LB-10) and one Windows VPS backs up to this with rsyn (fully setup by eUKHost). I have two additional Windows servers backing up database data to this over FTP - obviously this is not secure so I've sent in a request to get rsync setup (using SSH) to replace my FTP backups.

The response I have back is that rsync is a 3rd party application and will not be configured by eUKHost. On further enquiries I have been told that this has always been the case and that eUKHost have always left it to the customer to configure.

Since eUKHost have previous configured this for me (at no extra charge and have been happy to do this!) someone seems to have got the wrong message!

I have an open ticket #LWX-42148-603 and am trying to get two Windows servers backed up to my backup space with the following requirements:

- I need to backup specific only folder(s) from windows servers onto by backup space (this is eUKHost backup service that I pay for).
              -The backup needs to be secure and use encryption to ensure security of the data (I have personal data that is currently being sent over FTP which is not secure).
              - I need to be able to monitor the backups on a daily basis to ensure that they are working OK.
              - I need to be able to make ad-hoc restores of individual files backed up (preferably to my local network but it's OK if I can restore to a new location on the original server) so that I can verify the individual backups are running OK.
              - I need to have a 7 day backup rotation so that I always have the last 7 days of backups available.

I've been pointed to the new backup setup - but apart from the fact that this will cost me 120 per year compared to the 45 I currently pay (I'm OK with this if the system does what I want), the information doesn't really answer whether my specific requirements can be met.

Can someone from eUKHost provide some answers to this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PHyndman View Post
                Hi,

Looks like I'm going to keep this thread open!

I have an existing backup plan (LB-10) and one Windows VPS backs up to this with rsyn (fully setup by eUKHost). I have two additional Windows servers backing up database data to this over FTP - obviously this is not secure so I've sent in a request to get rsync setup (using SSH) to replace my FTP backups.

The response I have back is that rsync is a 3rd party application and will not be configured by eUKHost. On further enquiries I have been told that this has always been the case and that eUKHost have always left it to the customer to configure.

Since eUKHost have previous configured this for me (at no extra charge and have been happy to do this!) someone seems to have got the wrong message!

I have an open ticket #LWX-42148-603 and am trying to get two Windows servers backed up to my backup space with the following requirements:

- I need to backup specific only folder(s) from windows servers onto by backup space (this is eUKHost backup service that I pay for).
                -The backup needs to be secure and use encryption to ensure security of the data (I have personal data that is currently being sent over FTP which is not secure).
                - I need to be able to monitor the backups on a daily basis to ensure that they are working OK.
                - I need to be able to make ad-hoc restores of individual files backed up (preferably to my local network but it's OK if I can restore to a new location on the original server) so that I can verify the individual backups are running OK.
                - I need to have a 7 day backup rotation so that I always have the last 7 days of backups available.

I've been pointed to the new backup setup - but apart from the fact that this will cost me 120 per year compared to the 45 I currently pay (I'm OK with this if the system does what I want), the information doesn't really answer whether my specific requirements can be met.

Can someone from eUKHost provide some answers to this?

Thanks
                Hi there.. Your ticket with ID LWX-42148-603 has been replied. For further questions, reply the same ticket & we will get back to you.
                Cristiano

MSN :: cristiano @ eukhost.com

Comment

Working...
                X