Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud hosting for shared/reseller hosting customers

Dear Customers,

As many of you may be aware, we have been discussing implementing cloud hosting for some time now. As a result of this, certain costs do indeed increase. The majority of our Shared Hosting clients are still on our old pricing scheme, which is approximately 10.00 cheaper than our current website prices. The above scenario leaves us with a difficult decision to make. As such, we would welcome the feedback of our loyal
    customers.

We propose to charge Shared Hosting clients on our old pricing plan a one time fee of 10.00 in order for them to be upgraded to Cloud Hosting. Cloud Hosting will offer clients 100% uptime and also make hardware failures a thing of the past. However, no matter what, this upgrade won't be forced on clients. Clients will be able to keep their old pricing plan and remain on the current servers. In order for us to make this viable we will need to consolidate servers in the near future though.

Cloud computing solution for shared/reseller hosting will add some cost as we will need to buy new stock of high specification servers. We will make cloud of 5 high specification servers out of which one server will always remain idle. Additional licensing cost for the cloud software will be bothered by eUKhost.

We appreciate any feedback you can give and also voting in our poll.
    Yes. I would like to pay 10 one time fee for 100% uptime
    77.84%
    No. I would stick to my existing plan.
    13.17%
    I will go with the majority.
    8.98%
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

I'm not sure what uptime I'm currently getting - thought it was pretty close to 100% already.

Comment

10 for 100% uptime...

forget the shared hosting... I'd pay 10 a month for 100% guaranteed uptime

my VPS has been up and down like a brides nighty lately

Gary

Comment

After this weekend would definitely pay 10 for 100% up time !!

Comment

Seems reasonable to me.

Comment

Hi,

Does this apply to semi-dedicated too?

Regards,
            Chris

Comment

Although uptime has been pretty much 100% anyway (touch wood!), I'd be happy to pay an extra 10 for gauranteed

Comment

Server load has been crazy recently.

so yeah as long as it still remains as cPanel? which im sure it will..

Comment

Sounds fascinating.

How does this impact the Business Hosting which currently has a 100% Uptime Guarantee.

Does it make sense for someone on this plan to move - what improvements would they see?

Thanks,
                  JP.

Comment

I've been thinking of upgrading anyway.

At 30 per year with unlimited domains and 800Mb of disk space not too mention the *fantastic* support I've had from you guys when I've needed it, my "old" copper hosting plan has been bizarrely good value for money.

I've been thinking of upgrading, not because I particularly need the extra space, but because I've been feeling guilty that I'm not really paying enough for your great service

So yes, I'll either pay 10 one off fee or happily upgrade to a cloud based hosting plan.

Keep on rocking

Comment

Originally posted by james141 View Post
                      Server load has been crazy recently.

so yeah as long as it still remains as cPanel? which im sure it will..

Seconded on that, everything would have to stay the same, settings wise for me to consider it, I've no time to mess about reconfiguring stuff

Comment

I'd pay a one-off 10 for 100% uptime. Thanks for even asking

Comment

hook me up.

Comment

Can you be more specific on what you mean by 100% uptime?

Ie. I'm assuming it only means 100% hardware uptime. - Not including network uptime and service uptime (ie. apache going down= the most common cause on downtime on a crowded server)

Comment

Originally posted by phillips_chris View Post
                              Hi,

Does this apply to semi-dedicated too?

Regards,
                              Chris
                              Hi Chris,

We are coming up with a completely different solution for VPS and Semi-dedicated hosting customers. We will charge 25 migration fees for semi-dedicated and vps customers if they wish to migrate their accounts on Cloud.

This migration charges of 25 will help us to justify additional cost of a high specification server which will always remain idle. We will bear licensing costs as some part of additional costs should be paid by eUKhost and some should be paid by the customers.
                              eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                              Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Working...
                              X