Cloud hosting for shared/reseller hosting customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eebit12 View Post
    Can you be more specific on what you mean by 100% uptime?

Ie. I'm assuming it only means 100% hardware uptime. - Not including network uptime and service uptime (ie. apache going down= the most common cause on downtime on a crowded server)
    100% hardware uptime, server uptime and network uptime. Only chance of failure would be complete power outage in the Datacentre, but our Datacentre is a Tier IV datacentre and chances of failure are negligible.

Chances of apache or mysql failure will be negligible as the new servers will be twice efficient in performance as compared to the old E5420 servers.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

And service uptime? (apache, mail etc...)

Comment

Given the occasional patchy service, I'd say a tenner for 100% uptime is the bargain of the year.

Count me in.

Comment

Up time has been pretty good. The main problems have been caused by mod_security suddenly blocking my IP address or making access impossible on some browsers. I don't think cloud hosting will make any difference to that.

Comment

Originally posted by eebit12 View Post
            And service uptime? (apache, mail etc...)
            Service uptime will improve as we will be implementing MySQL virtualization on our shared servers as well. Automation will take care of suspending websites which use more than 10% server resources.

These new Dell servers based on Intel Nehalem technology are far more efficient than the old generation Intel CPUs. You will have 15k rpm SAS drives on these new servers which will boost performance of your websites.

Comment

Hey guys,
              With the level of service I am getting, I would be most happy to pay that!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                Up time has been pretty good. The main problems have been caused by mod_security suddenly blocking my IP address or making access impossible on some browsers. I don't think cloud hosting will make any difference to that.
                Hi Richard,

We have same rules set on our server which is hosting our website as well as this forum. We have to keep on upgrading our forum, wordpress blog and all other CMS's installed on our server to ensure smooth functioning of these sections of our website.

Customers have to understand how important it is to maintain secure content on their websites. If your website is hacked once then you will loose your rankings in google and you may not manage to get same position back in google.

Comment

Originally posted by james141 View Post
                  Server load has been crazy recently.

so yeah as long as it still remains as cPanel? which im sure it will..

Linux customers will stay on cPanel control and windows customers will get option to choose Plesk or DotNetPanel control panel.

Comment

After the terrible problems earlier in the year I'd be very happy to pay 10 to avoid that happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by babyREFLUX View Post
                      Sounds fascinating.

How does this impact the Business Hosting which currently has a 100% Uptime Guarantee.

Does it make sense for someone on this plan to move - what improvements would they see?

Thanks,
                      JP.
                      We make cluster of 2 servers for business hosting and both servers are hosted in 2 different Datacentre's, failure of one server will switch everything to secondary server. We maintain multiple backups of our business hosting servers.

You can simply start with a single shared hosting plan once we have our shared/reseller hosting cloud's setup in next couple of weeks. You can check uptime for a month or two and decide if you wish to get migrated to a shared hosting plan.

Comment

Originally posted by simg View Post
                        At 30 per year with unlimited domains and 800Mb of disk space not too mention the *fantastic* support I've had from you guys when I've needed it, my "old" copper hosting plan has been bizarrely good value for money.

I've been thinking of upgrading, not because I particularly need the extra space, but because I've been feeling guilty that I'm not really paying enough for your great service

So yes, I'll either pay 10 one off fee or happily upgrade to a cloud based hosting plan.

Keep on rocking
                        hehe. Your words have made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by markvts View Post
                          Seconded on that, everything would have to stay the same, settings wise for me to consider it, I've no time to mess about reconfiguring stuff
                          Yep. Settings will be retained. We will organise the upgrade to make sure you never see any php module or library missing on the new cloud.

Comment

What does "cloud hosting" mean anyway?

Cloud hosting as opposed to what? (server hosting?)

I thought that anything in the "cloud" meant NOT ON MY COMPUTER

sorry.... I am a novice

But I'll have a go

is cloud anything to do with amazon 3 Idea?

I.e. backed up to mirrored servers all over the globe (like a node type of idea)

so that If one server goes down then another takes over (is that RAID??)

apologies if i'm an "idiot"
                            wayne

Comment

I would gladly pay that for 80% uptime... I have been very disapointed with the amount of downtime that has been happening on a regular basis...

100% uptime would be a dream come true... but do I believe you?

Comment

I have voted yes, I'd be happy to pay a small increase - as long as the actual migration to the new system/servers doesn't cause much disruption or alter services we receive (features of the hosting such as apache tomcat etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X