No announcement yet.

Cloud hosting for shared/reseller hosting customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd get your 10/25 back no doubt, sale of goods act - didn't get what you paid for.
    --
    Brad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Add me to GoogleTalk / Skype: [email protected]

Comment

I feel that I'm being ask to vote on something I know nothing about. How does it effect me? I'm on cphosting, bronze and as far as I know I've never had any problems so how can something be 'improved' if there are no problems. I feel that eukhost have gone about this the wrong way, instead of just sending out a blind email asking for a vot,e a pointer to a web page with full details of how the changes would effect everyone would be much better.
      Last edited by paulgul; 11-11-2009, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by james141 View Post
        What's the deal if there isn't 100% uptime?
        Hi James,

Our existing SLA will not change. Customers will actually get 100% uptime, but we cannot guarantee that in our SLA.
        eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

yeah ok fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by paulgul View Post
            I feel that I'm being ask to vote on something I know nothing about. How does it effect me? I'm on cphosting, bronze and as far as I know I've never had any problems so how can something be 'improved' if there are no problems. I feel that eukhost have gone about this the wrong way, instead of just sending out a blind email asking for a vot,e a pointer to a web page with full details of how the changes would effect everyone would be much better.
            Hi Paul,

I agree with what you have said. Very few customers know what is Cloud hosting. We will send a proper email with detailed explanation to our customers before we ask them to pay. For the time being you can go through following threads to learn basics of Cloud hosting:-

http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f29/wo...loud-vps-9088/

http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f11/cloud-accounts-9317/

Comment

Go for it

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
              Hi Chris,

We are coming up with a completely different solution for VPS and Semi-dedicated hosting customers. We will charge 25 migration fees for semi-dedicated and vps customers if they wish to migrate their accounts on Cloud.

This migration charges of 25 will help us to justify additional cost of a high specification server which will always remain idle. We will bear licensing costs as some part of additional costs should be paid by eUKhost and some should be paid by the customers.
              I have a semi-dedicated account, when will this be available? does the cloud site feel any different for the customer? and is it any slower? any security issues with clouds?

I've nothing but praise for your service, and if you think it would be better then i'm for it at 25.

Comment

So are we all classed as 'shared' customers, I've never heard this term refered to before
                Last edited by paulgul; 11-11-2009, 16:57.

Comment

WOW that sounds impressive
                  IT Project Management . Need Business Protection? Top Reviewed Computer Professional Indemnity Insurance . Business Blog. Twitterpated?
                  Professional Indemnity Insurance News

Comment

What Dedicater Server package can you offer?

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                    All our Dedicated Servers are fully managed and monitored 24x7. You may check our server management overview at:-

1. UK Linux Dedicated Server Management
                    2. UK Windows Dedicated Server Management

Moreover, We use branded servers from Dell and the difference seen in level of performance of these servers has been appreciated by all of our dedicated server clients. We have many customers who've had absolutely no problems with their Dedicated Servers ( Dell ) from last 2 - 3 years and they've hardly opened any tickets for technical support.
                    Impressive performance, it seems.

What is the offer (Linux) and what are the costs?
                    IT Project Management . Need Business Protection? Top Reviewed Computer Professional Indemnity Insurance . Business Blog. Twitterpated?
                    Professional Indemnity Insurance News

Comment

Originally posted by Quintus View Post
                      I have a semi-dedicated account, when will this be available? does the cloud site feel any different for the customer? and is it any slower? any security issues with clouds?

I've nothing but praise for your service, and if you think it would be better then i'm for it at 25.
                      VPS / Semi-dedicated server customers will be able to upgrade their accounts next week. You will notice much better performance once your semi-dedicated server is moved on a cloud.

Currently we have more than 200 VPS nodes and 100 shared/reseller hosting servers. We would like to get rid of all these problems which occur due to aging of hardware of failure of hardware. Cloud computing solution will allow us to perform hardware upgrades / replacement in future without any downtime.

What else would you want if your server is replaced every 2 years without any downtime.

Comment

Originally posted by bsfweb View Post
                        Impressive performance, it seems.

What is the offer (Linux) and what are the costs?
                        You may check the server specifications and pricing details at Dedicated Servers, Windows Dedicated Server, Linux Dedicated Servers

Comment

Originally posted by paulgul View Post
                          So are we all classed as 'shared' customers, I've never heard this term refered to before
                          If you have one of our cpanel shared hosting plan or reseller hosting plan then you are sharing the resources of a single server with many other customers.

Comment

cloud hosting | Applogic VPSs | VMWare vps hosting

Originally posted by Quintus View Post

Our Cloud will be hosted in Tier IV facility of Bluesquare in Milton Keynes. We will first launch the Standard version and then start the Enterprise version within a month. 100% hardware uptime, server uptime and network uptime will surely prove twice the better performance as compared to the old E5420 servers.. Only chance of failure would be complete power outage in the Datacentre, but our Datacentre is a Tier IV datacentre and chances of failure are negligible. All the security modules will be implemented on the servers as we have it on the present servers.

We are coming up with 2 different solutions for Cloud Hosting. One would be based on VMWare which will be expensive and other would be Applogic. Our first cloud will be based on Applogic as VMWare will be very expensive as of now.

Applogic VPSs will replace the existing Virtuozzo offerings and we won't increase cost of the existing VPS plans. VMWare is a superior technology and we will implement as there's a rise in demand for it. Applogic is a low cost solution, but Applogic is a better solution for those who don't wish to pay price of a Dedicated Server for a VPS.
                            Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar
                            eUKhost - Web Hosting Solutions...!
                            http://www.eUKhost.com
                            Email : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
                            MSN : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
                            Toll Free : || Sales : 0808 262 0255 || Support : 0808 262 0455 || International : +44-1916-454-EUK

"All I know is that a customer I lose is a customer my competitors win ..!"
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm in!

it's defenitely worth it!

Comment

I'm certainly interested, just cautious..

I've got 120 clients hosting with me across a vps and a semi dedicated account and if there's even the slightest problem in making the change, they'll be melting my phone. As I'm snowed under with webdesign work at the moment, I dread the thought of having to take time off to deal with that!

All the extra config I've had done with cpanel such as enabling suphp etc, will all be unaffected?

How will we go about ordering it if we decide to go ahead

Many thanks

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X