No announcement yet.

Cloud hosting for shared/reseller hosting customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if I have got this right. Having paid my years plan in advance you want to charge me an extra 10 so that you can make more profit from having a better system and at the same time increase the value of your hardware...and you want us to pay for it....Erm....NO!

Comment

Originally posted by The-Kellys View Post
      I am not sure if I have got this right. Having paid my years plan in advance you want to charge me an extra 10 so that you can make more profit from having a better system and at the same time increase the value of your hardware...and you want us to pay for it....Erm....NO!

We are not forcing our clients for this upgrade. Clients will be able to keep their old pricing plan and remain on the current servers, however, the clients who will upgrade will surely feel the better performance of their account on this new cloud.
      Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar
      eUKhost - Web Hosting Solutions...!
      http://www.eUKhost.com
      Email : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
      MSN : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
      Toll Free : || Sales : 0808 262 0255 || Support : 0808 262 0455 || International : +44-1916-454-EUK

"All I know is that a customer I lose is a customer my competitors win ..!"
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

A few questions:

After paying the 10 upgrade fee would I still carry on on my old subscription or would I have to pay the new rate as currently advertised?

Would my Disk Quota and Band width increase to match the currently advertised package?

Will Ruby on Rails and Jailed Shell access be available on the cloud?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fearz-EG View Post
          it's defenitely worth it!
          Are you sure?

When you buy your next motor vehicle will you be asking everyone likely to be carried in it to trump up some of the cost? Or, is it more likely that you are fully expecting to have to pay for it yourself?

Comment

But your CMO has just said that no-one will be guaranteed 100% uptime... so what's the 10 for, if only to buy you new tin?

Comment

Originally posted by jodieorourke View Post
              But your CMO has just said that no-one will be guaranteed 100% uptime... so what's the 10 for, if only to buy you new tin?
              Thats exactly my point. I think its time to look at the exact wording of our contract and watch carefully what happens to our sites performance in the future. Any changes in that performance will require additional comment.

Comment

Im all for it 100%!!!, not really had a problem for the last year whilst being on a reseller account, the only issues ive ever had was with mod_security keep blocking my ip which is a real frustration, which when being on VPS I would hope ill be able to have more control over plus also better security. Support and uptime have been great for me, but any advancement in the package for such a small amount is worth it for definate.

I still want a VPS account on the cloud system which im waiting fairly patiently for, still hoping it will be this week, but after this thread, im also comtemplating keeping the reseller running as a backup aswell as setting up a VPS account.

Comment

Originally posted by markvts View Post
                  I'm certainly interested, just cautious..

I've got 120 clients hosting with me across a vps and a semi dedicated account and if there's even the slightest problem in making the change, they'll be melting my phone. As I'm snowed under with webdesign work at the moment, I dread the thought of having to take time off to deal with that!

All the extra config I've had done with cpanel such as enabling suphp etc, will all be unaffected?

How will we go about ordering it if we decide to go ahead

Many thanks

Mark
                  Hi Mark,

We have expertise in migration of servers and we will make ensure smooth migration for your VPS as well as semi-dedicated server when you are ready for the upgrade. We now follow a new migration policy which makes our staff members to check all settings on old servers and implement those on new servers before making websites go live from the new server.
                  eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                  Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by markvts View Post
                    I'm certainly interested, just cautious..

I've got 120 clients hosting with me across a vps and a semi dedicated account and if there's even the slightest problem in making the change, they'll be melting my phone. As I'm snowed under with webdesign work at the moment, I dread the thought of having to take time off to deal with that!

All the extra config I've had done with cpanel such as enabling suphp etc, will all be unaffected?

How will we go about ordering it if we decide to go ahead

Many thanks

Mark
                    Once the order is received, our dedicated VPS team will start the migration of your VPS , and the old VPS would be online until you confirm that everything has been migrated completely. You will have time to check and confirm all the settings for your VPS.

All the migration will be done in complete security and in total attention ..!

VPS / Semi-dedicated server customers will be able to upgrade their accounts next week.
                    Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar
                    eUKhost - Web Hosting Solutions...!
                    http://www.eUKhost.com
                    Email : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
                    MSN : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
                    Toll Free : || Sales : 0808 262 0255 || Support : 0808 262 0455 || International : +44-1916-454-EUK

"All I know is that a customer I lose is a customer my competitors win ..!"
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Cloud Service?

One question, well ok two...

If we are to be moved to the 'Cloud' doesnt' that mean site(s) no longer at you data centre and instead hosted.. "out there" somewhere???

1, Would we still get the same level of Tech support, you guys are second to none when it comes to sorting out my issuses

2, How much of a change from current interactions with servers would there be from now... cPanel, FTP, etc...?

Either way -

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                        We are not forcing our clients for this upgrade. Clients will be able to keep their old pricing plan and remain on the current servers, however, the clients who will upgrade will surely feel the better performance of their account on this new cloud.
                        Sorry, the wording of your answer causes me even more concern..."will surely feel the better performance" creates a huge question mark in my mind Having worked almost 30yrs in the legal system all you do with that answer is demonstrate that nothing you have said is at all assured and backed up with penalties against you if it proves not to be true.

Even more than before, NO, I am not going to pay for your new equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          Once the order is received, our dedicated VPS team will start the migration of your VPS , and the old VPS would be online until you confirm that everything has been migrated completely. You will have time to check and confirm all the settings for your VPS.

All the migration will be done in complete security and in total attention ..!

VPS / Semi-dedicated server customers will be able to upgrade their accounts next week.

Thanks for info - and will we get an email advising us of this or do we need to keep checking the site/forums?

Comment

Voted "Yes. I would like to pay..."

Comment

Originally posted by jodieorourke View Post
                              We won't force any of our existing customers to pay this 10 fee for upgrade. If you are happy with your existing server then there's absolutely no need to upgrade. few dozens of servers won't make us rich, we won't do anything with these new servers besides phasing them out in 2012.
                              eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                              Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Web Hosting Price Match

This may seem ridiculous but what about EUKHOST price matching its competitors? For example FastHosts who I would prefer to leave, would EUKHOST be willing to make my migration easy by matching the upgrade deal....

209 2 x Dual Xeon Quad 2 x 300 + 1 x 500 sata ?

I have been unhappy with their (alleged) support and poor customer service.
                                IT Project Management . Need Business Protection? Top Reviewed Computer Professional Indemnity Insurance . Business Blog. Twitterpated?
                                Professional Indemnity Insurance News

Comment

Working...
                                X