Cloud hosting for shared/reseller hosting customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markvts View Post
    Thanks for info - and will we get an email advising us of this or do we need to keep checking the site/forums?
    You will receive an email from us once our first cloud is launched in next few days.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by bsfweb View Post
      This may seem ridiculous but what about EUKHOST price matching its competitors? For example FastHosts who I would prefer to leave, would EUKHOST be willing to make my migration easy by matching the upgrade deal....

209 2 x Dual Xeon Quad 2 x 300 + 1 x 500 sata ?

I have been unhappy with their (alleged) support and poor customer service.
      Jack has a good offer for you. please let me know if I should ask him to send an offer to your email address?

Comment

Originally posted by dmwizzard View Post
        One question, well ok two...

If we are to be moved to the 'Cloud' doesnt' that mean site(s) no longer at you data centre and instead hosted.. "out there" somewhere???

1, Would we still get the same level of Tech support, you guys are second to none when it comes to sorting out my issuses

2, How much of a change from current interactions with servers would there be from now... cPanel, FTP, etc...?

Either way -
        This cloud hosting setup would indeed be in our data center facility. As far as level of support is concerned, it will remain the same irrespective of the hosting plan you have with us so you can be rest assured about it

Everything else including cPanel, FTP etc functioning would remain the same.
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Cautious approval - but along with some others I have to be skeptical about 100% uptime promise. I have never been able to get real up-time statistics out of EUKHost for their current servers and I'm not sure whether they even attempt a genuine measurement.
          I subscribe to an independent uptime measuring service which polls some of my sites at regular intervals from 3-4 locations around the world. A failure is only highlighted if multiple servers fail to connect. This produces quite a reasonable real-world view of up-time rather than knowing that the server light is on and assuming the service is good. I can say that in the last 12 months the 99.9% 'guarantee' was not met - although the previous 12 months was better.
          More information about service definitions would help!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
            Once the order is received, our dedicated VPS team will start the migration of your VPS , and the old VPS would be online until you confirm that everything has been migrated completely. You will have time to check and confirm all the settings for your VPS.

All the migration will be done in complete security and in total attention ..!

VPS / Semi-dedicated server customers will be able to upgrade their accounts next week.
            Actually this post caught my interest.

Firstly I identified with the sentiments of the webdesigner...the thought of migration is enough to send someone bald...(already happened in my case)......

Secondly, I was interested in the 'migration assistance'. Am I right in thinking that an EUKHOST engineer will handle the migration for a customer? If so I am very interested.....!
            IT Project Management . Need Business Protection? Top Reviewed Computer Professional Indemnity Insurance . Business Blog. Twitterpated?
            Professional Indemnity Insurance News

Comment

Originally posted by coppercreative View Post
              forget the shared hosting... I'd pay 10 a month for 100% guaranteed uptime

my VPS has been up and down like a brides nighty lately

Gary
              Hello Gary,

The migration fees for VPS and Semi-Dedicated Servers would be 25 from the present node to the cloud. This migration charges of 25 will help us to justify additional cost of a high specification server which will always remain idle.
              Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar
              eUKhost - Web Hosting Solutions...!
              http://www.eUKhost.com
              Email : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
              MSN : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
              Toll Free : || Sales : 0808 262 0255 || Support : 0808 262 0455 || International : +44-1916-454-EUK

"All I know is that a customer I lose is a customer my competitors win ..!"
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by dmwizzard View Post
                One question, well ok two...

If we are to be moved to the 'Cloud' doesnt' that mean site(s) no longer at you data centre and instead hosted.. "out there" somewhere???

1, Would we still get the same level of Tech support, you guys are second to none when it comes to sorting out my issuses

2, How much of a change from current interactions with servers would there be from now... cPanel, FTP, etc...?

Either way -
                Cloud hosting doesn't mean "up in the sky"

Cloud means a Cluster of multiple servers with failover solution to ensure uptime and redundancy. Our cloud hosting solution is more like a mirroring solution where your website continues to work even if your master server goes down.

We wish to further improve our service and avoid downtime which has been experienced by some of our customers recently. Standalone servers have no redundancy and they have many single point of failure in them. N + 1 redundancy is far better than single N.

Comment

Secondly, I was interested in the 'migration assistance'. Am I right in thinking that an EUKHOST engineer will handle the migration for a customer? If so I am very interested.....!
                  Yes, we'll assist you with migration. You just need to provide us your existing server's root login details .

Comment

Firstly I identified with the sentiments of the webdesigner...the thought of migration is enough to send someone bald...(already happened in my case)......

Yes. We will assign a dedicated Engineer who will work with you and migrate your old servers to our new servers. He will check all php modules, addon software versions and libraries and make sure your new server has all those.

You can either communicate with your dedicated engineer on livechat, msn or skype as per your convenience.

Comment

Firstly I would like to say I agree with most people on what they have said. That is, firstly you already give an outstanding service at such a low cost. Secondly, a one off cost, assuming it is a true 1 off cost and never to be repeated, of 10 to gaurantee %100 uptime is a bargin.

I am assuming having a cluster set-up like this would increase performance of the sites hosted (i.e. PHP and MySQL) through load balancing? Either way, I am up for it.

Keep up the good work guys.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
                        A few questions:

After paying the 10 upgrade fee would I still carry on on my old subscription or would I have to pay the new rate as currently advertised?

Would my Disk Quota and Band width increase to match the currently advertised package?

Will Ruby on Rails and Jailed Shell access be available on the cloud?

Thanks
                        Hi Noel,

RoR will be manually installed on the new server and jailed shell will be activated for your account once you are migrated on the new server.

Nick will communicate with you as he is our Ruby on Rails expert and he will take care of migration of your account.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbits View Post
                          Firstly I would like to say I agree with most people on what they have said. That is, firstly you already give an outstanding service at such a low cost. Secondly, a one off cost, assuming it is a true 1 off cost and never to be repeated, of 10 to gaurantee %100 uptime is a bargin.

I am assuming having a cluster set-up like this would increase performance of the sites hosted (i.e. PHP and MySQL) through load balancing? Either way, I am up for it.

Keep up the good work guys.

Nick
                          Thanks Nick

We wish to have such solution in place to avoid downtime. I have personally had tough time due to downtime with some of our shared / reseller hosting servers. I would like to have this new cloud hosting solution implemented to avoid downtime due to hardware failure.

Standalone servers have no redundancy. Dell servers are fantastic and we sincerely appreciate the quality of hardware we get from Dell, but we don't wish to leave any single point of failure in our shared or reseller hosting service.

Comment

Originally posted by bradmca View Post
                            Thanks for the invite, I say yes to 10, no to 25

p.s. i'm a VPS customer.
                            As on a shared server the number of accounts are more than the number of accounts on a VPS node. The cost is actually shared by the accounts on the particular server/node.

This migration charges of 25 will help us to justify additional cost of a high specification server which will always remain idle.
                            Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar
                            Toll Free : || Sales : 0808 262 0255 || Support : 0808 262 0455 || International : +44-1916-454-EUK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                              Thanks Nick

We wish to have such solution in place to avoid downtime. I have personally had tough time due to downtime with some of our shared / reseller hosting servers. I would like to have this new cloud hosting solution implemented to avoid downtime due to hardware failure.

Standalone servers have no redundancy. Dell servers are fantastic and we sincerely appreciate the quality of hardware we get from Dell, but we don't wish to leave any single point of failure in our shared or reseller hosting service.
                              Why do you choose not to correct this user's assertion that you're offering a 100% uptime guarantee? You're not offering this, so you should correct them, that way you aren't appearing to be misleading anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jodieorourke View Post
                                If I thought 10 actually would guarantee uptime, I'd pay it. The problem is that you guys define uptime as the light on the front of the server being on, regardless of whether the services on the box are running or not. Then there's the issues with unannounced config changes that screw-up sites... Technically, the server is 100% up, but our customers don't feel the same. Again, if I thought 10 would stop that, I'd pay it...
                                We do take regular backup's for shared/reseller servers however single server solution is not redundant and problem with drives, RAID or RAM sticks results in downtime for a server. If such things happen to any of the shared/reseller servers then we have to restore the accounts from the backup servers, it does take time and many of our customer's are unhappy. Once we switch to cloud hosting solution, we will get rid of all such problems. You will notice much better performance once your semi-dedicated server is moved on a cloud.

We are coming up with 2 different solutions for Cloud Hosting. One would be based on VMWare which will be expensive and other would be Applogic. Our first cloud will be based on Applogic as VMWare will be very expensive as of now. If a server goes down applogic takes 2-3 minutes to kick in and take over the failed server whereas VMWare is instant.
                                Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar

Comment

Working...
                                X