Powered by eUKhost®

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The differences among Fedora, RedHat, CentOS and other Linux based OS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The differences among Fedora, RedHat, CentOS and other Linux based OS?

What server do you use for your business? I am confused with various solution's available. I run a small business. We provide training for students and also provide assistance in their projects. But I donít know which kind Configuration of the server I need . The differences among Fedora, RedHat, CentOS and other Linux based OS?Please let me know the differences. And which one is best for me?

As I know, Fedora runs by Redhat and free with stresses features and functionality, Redhat: based on Fedora,run by Redhat, focused on ling releases for stability, and non-free. CentOS: based off of commerical releases of Redhat, basically redhat without cost or support.

Comment

Originally posted by Albertwu View Post
      What server do you use for your business? I am confused with various solution's available. I run a small business. We provide training for students and also provide assistance in their projects. But I don’t know which kind Configuration of the server I need . The differences among Fedora, RedHat, CentOS and other Linux based OS?Please let me know the differences. And which one is best for me?

Introduction in short:
      Technically Speaking: There are various different flavors/distributions of Linux & GNU.
      CentOS and Fedora are a distribution based on Redhat, the only difference is that CentOS and Fedora are FREE and that RHEL is licensed. You again have various other famous distributions named Debian and Ubuntu (again based on Debian extension).

Enterprise-Wide Speaking:
      If you are confused in regards to using a Linux Distribution, I think CentOS 6 or 7 should be perfect for you based on your needs of a teaching server. There are also a lot of troubleshooting advice provided to you and majorly most of them are user-friendly and easily executable. In regards to Debian, you do have the same story but at times it becomes messy.

Having said that, I would suggest you to ask your IT guy (If you have one) as there are a few pre-requisites and that at least the minimum requirements need be fulfilled for it to work seamless (based on your hardware)

Do let us know if you need any more help on the same, we are here for you.

Sean
      Do let me know your feedback on it.

Thank you....

Comment

very useful information. thanks

Comment

very usefull information
          sara edward
          hr@
          dissertation writing services
          Last edited by saraedward; 12-04-2017, 09:37.

Comment

no mention of Suse?

Comment

"We provide training for students and also provide assistance in their projects. But I donít know which kind Configuration of the server I need "<---really?

Comment

thanks great information. I use eukhost on my fl studio download website

Comment

ban-img
                Working...
                X