.UK at 1 Year: Celebrate with 1 Year for £1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .UK at 1 Year: Celebrate with 1 Year for £1

The .uk namespace is the Internetís fourth most popular TLD (Top Level Domain) and second most popular ccTLD (country code Top Level Domain). As of 2012 there were over 10 million domains registered under .ukís various guises such as .co.uk, .org.uk, and .me.uk. However, as of 10th June 2014, whilst these various guises, amongst others, […]

More...

Re: .UK at 1 Year: Celebrate with 1 Year for £1

Hello Team,

I wish to register the .UK domain name however while placing the order it says the domain name I wish to register is already Reserved and cannot be added to the cart, can someone please let me know what is the procedure to reserve the .UK domains?

Comment

Originally posted by Frenetick View Post
      Hello Team,

I wish to register the .UK domain name however while placing the order it says the domain name I wish to register is already Reserved and cannot be added to the cart, can someone please let me know what is the procedure to reserve the .UK domains?
      It seems the .co.uk equivalent of the domain you are trying to register is registered with someone else. As per Nominet, existing owners of the .co.uk domain would be given first priority in switching to the shorter version of their domain name which is .UK.

These domain owners have a period of five years within which they can claim the .UK version of their existing .co.uk domain name. So you may need to look for an available alternative with .uk extension if this is indeed the case.
      Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
      Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hello Frenetick,

Now I'd like to inform you that the .UK domains will be already reserved for the users those who have the equivalent domains registered on their name from the launch 10 June 2014. So if you have a unique domains .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .net.uk, .plc.uk or .ltd.uk then the .UK domain has been reserved especially for you for free until 10 June 2019 as long as your equivalent domain remains registered.

While placing the order it is showing you reserved as the domain you wish to register its equivalent domain like .co.uk must be registered by some another client or by yourself, If it is registered by yourself you will be able to add it to your cart or else it wont be added.

Do feel free to contact our billing team via Live chat or Phone for an instant help.

Thanks and Regards,
        Rossie

Comment

ban-img
        Working...
        X