Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Choose the Right WordPress Theme for Your Website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to Choose the Right WordPress Theme for Your Website

    One of the biggest problems with choosing a WordPress theme is that you are spoilt for choice. With over 2,600 themes in the WordPress repository and thousands more available from individual developers, it is quite possible to spend countless hours searching for the right theme and still be left unsure which one to pick. To […]

    More...

  • #2
    Just the kind of information I was looking for. I know it can be a bit overwhelming at the start but considering that I have made some big mistakes in the past when it comes to choosing the right theme and now after reading your article I believe I am ready to purchase the theme that is suitable for my blog.

    Comment


    • #3
      How do I go about finding whether the theme I am using is translation ready and supports multilingual wordpress plugins?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crystal View Post
        How do I go about finding whether the theme I am using is translation ready and supports multilingual wordpress plugins?
        You can always check the theme website and whether its translation ready. If it's not, then you can always ask the developer of the theme.

        Comment


        • #5
          One tip that I would suggest is to never look up a theme on Google. I always use Wordpress repo to find themes and also do my research before purchasing themes. Very useful post I must say!

          Comment


          • #6
            I too started my wordpress journey be using free themes at the start but later on switched to a premium version. It helps in terms of security and support side of things. Very soon I will be having my own custom theme created.

            Comment


            • #7
              Just curious does this theme selection preference apply to Shopify store as well?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by crystal View Post
                Just curious does this theme selection preference apply to Shopify store as well?
                I do not think this would apply to Shopify as it is totally geared towards eCommerce as a whole. But, I believe some of the below points do go in line with what you would want to achieve with Shopify store.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Another point that I would like to add while choosing a theme is to make sure it is responsive, by responsive I mean to say that it needs to be optimized for all devices( Desktop, Mobile etc.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by zenita View Post
                    Another point that I would like to add while choosing a theme is to make sure it is responsive, by responsive I mean to say that it needs to be optimized for all devices( Desktop, Mobile etc.)
                    Many people tend to miss this a lot as it makes total sense to optimize for all the devices out there considering people use many different mediums to access the web.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ranson View Post
                      I too started my wordpress journey be using free themes at the start but later on switched to a premium version. It helps in terms of security and support side of things. Very soon I will be having my own custom theme created.
                      Are you referring to custom functionality here or what?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by zenita View Post

                        Are you referring to custom functionality here or what?
                        Yes in a way considering the theme is lightweight , lean and then you can add the functionality part be using themes & extensions.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ranson View Post

                          Yes in a way considering the theme is lightweight , lean and then you can add the functionality part be using themes & extensions.
                          So it all comes down to the functionality available in the theme?

                          What if I decide to switch theme later on?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by zenita View Post

                            So it all comes down to the functionality available in the theme?

                            What if I decide to switch theme later on?
                            That is why you need to be very careful while choosing the theme. If you decide to switch then there is always a chance you will end up losing the functionality.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X