Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy System Administrator Appreciation Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy System Administrator Appreciation Day!

As stated on the official SysAdmin Day website sysadminday.com, the last Friday in July month of each year is celebrated as International System Administrator Appreciation Day. A thought of fun event was presented by system administrator Ted Kekatos in July 28, 2000 to show appreciation for the work of sysadmins and other IT workers.

Sysadmin Day 2014 is this Friday, July 25. It's 15th Annual System Administrator Appreciation Day, so lets celebrate and make your IT persons happy on this Friday by showing special appreciation with warm wishes, cool greeting cards and Gifts & Goodies (for your favorite one) if any.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sysadmin.png
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	160432

Wishing You All Happy Sysadmin Day !
    Regards,
    Kieran A.
    Cloud Administrator

Re: Happy System Administrator Appreciation Day!

I am not sure what to say here
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sysadminday.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	160015

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      I am not sure what to say here
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]742[/ATTACH]
      LOL.. I guess they were busy in partying whole day
      Regards,
      Kieran A.
      Cloud Administrator

Comment

Cheers.. I respect all system engineers and admins who strive hard to keep websites/network alive. You guys are really doing a great job. Enjoy your day

Comment

True Story: At my last facility I bitched and moaned about secretarys and others getting flowers on their day from the boss. I came in on my last Sys Admin Day there to find a boquet of weeds on my desk. I was allergic to them and sneezed a lot but left them to prove some sort of point!

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            True Story: At my last facility I bitched and moaned about secretarys and others getting flowers on their day from the boss. I came in on my last Sys Admin Day there to find a boquet of weeds on my desk. I was allergic to them and sneezed a lot but left them to prove some sort of point!
            Somehow this happens with everyone at one point in their career. The fact is we never get recognition when we want it, and then when it comes itís always too much late to feel cheerful. But itís OK because ďLuck is half in everythingĒ.

Anyway, here is lighter side of the SysAdminís Day

Btw, is there any day for marketing people? Because for an eternity we are doing this, so we also deserve special day.

Comment

Every artist like to be recognized and appreciated and the IT people are not an exception for that. In fact the system administration is a kind of art that not all computer users can have.

No matter what we have, if we fail to appreciate somthing, it can eventually depreciate. I have personally seen people doing things more energetically when they got gratitude towards their work.
              Regards,
              Kieran A.
              Cloud Administrator

Comment

Every artist like to be recognized and appreciated and the IT people are not an exception for that. In fact the system administration is a kind of art that not all computer users can have.
                Well, many artists received popularity for their work after the death. Vincent van Gogh is a good example.

No matter what we have, if we fail to appreciate somthing, it can eventually depreciate. I have personally seen people doing things more energetically when they got gratitude towards their work.
                Your experience is quite opposite to mine. I’ve seen many people who absolutely don’t care whether they receive gratitude for their work or not, they always work enthusiastically, and when we ask them why they are pushing themselves so hard when nobody cares what they are doing, they always say “We like our work, so who cares whether someone offer gratitude or not”.

On the other side, there are people, who receive appreciation for their work many times, but then they only work to receive gratitude. They stuck with their approach for a long time, and when things start going wrong, they start complaining about everything around them. Usually I call those people rockets, once their fuel finish they fall down.

Somebody rightly said “Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude”.

Comment

Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
                  Well, many artists received popularity for their work after the death. Vincent van Gogh is a good example.
                  lol.. I guess you meant to say that IT people will have to wait long enough to get good recognition and appreciation from their colleagues, superiors and the customers as well.

Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
                  Your experience is quite opposite to mine. I’ve seen many people who absolutely don’t care whether they receive gratitude for their work or not, they always work enthusiastically, and when we ask them why they are pushing themselves so hard when nobody cares what they are doing, they always say “We like our work, so who cares whether someone offer gratitude or not”.

On the other side, there are people, who receive appreciation for their work many times, but then they only work to receive gratitude. They stuck with their approach for a long time, and when things start going wrong, they start complaining about everything around them. Usually I call those people rockets, once their fuel finish they fall down.

Somebody rightly said “Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude”.

Irene, I agree with you that there are some exceptional people who always love their job and they feel that they are not working a single day in their life as as quoted by Marc Anthony. However, I doubt that there must be other motive or reason which is making some people not to care about any appreciation or recognition for their works at all.

Though I believe that one should not only work to receive gratitude or special attention, but be curious to know positive feedback about his work and develop himself to be very good at something whether people call it as over-appreciated or something else.

When we receive the feelings that we are good at something, our challenges and difficulties become lighter and not burdensome.
                  Regards,
                  Kieran A.
                  Cloud Administrator

Comment

Work is God. Don't work to show others, but work for your passion and you will have Good karma on your side. God Bless you all Hard working people.

Comment

Originally posted by LinSys View Post
                      Work is God. Don't work to show others, but work for your passion and you will have Good karma on your side. God Bless you all Hard working people.

And I would like to add something here "Don't Give the Fight". I will appreciate all the support members of eUKhost.

Comment

As it is rightly said and believed by many "Work for the Cause not for Applause". If we work for something wholeheartedly, applause automatically comes our way sooner or later without the need to show off all the efforts taken.
                        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
                        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Relax guys; we are here for fun, don’t take anything as seriously. Our views are based on our experiences and our responses shows that we admire each other’s point of views and work.

And on the lighter side, we must not forget one thing; we are all on the same mission, making millionaires as billionaires so when you pick up the train from subway be proud of yourself as you’ve contributed some more pennies to somebody’s fortune.

Comment

Working...
                          X