eUKhost - A trip down memory lane!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eUKhost - A trip down memory lane!

Ever wondered what eUKhost used to look like?

Internet Archive has a snapshot of the site all the way from back in August 2002 - http://web.archive.org/web/200208201...w.eukhost.com/.

It's amazing to see how far eUKhost has come. I've been a customer since 2006 and the progress over these past years has been excellent . .

I wonder if anyone at eUK has got any snapshots of before this? (before it was eUKhost?). It'd be really interesting to see!

I love seeing how sites have developed over time .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

Was the original site hostheaven.com or hostingheaven.com ? or was it .co.uk ? Archive.org is not loading at all for me right now

I remember when some of the guys who are helping run the show now were just wet behind the ear on live support =)

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      Was the original site hostheaven.com or hostingheaven.com ? or was it .co.uk ? Archive.org is not loading at all for me right now

I remember when some of the guys who are helping run the show now were just wet behind the ear on live support =)
      I've tried the two .com ones and it doesn't seem like it would be them - the first has crawls up until 2005 and the 2nd one up to 2011 (although I guess I could be wrong).

But this one - HostHeaven - Cheap hosting / Cheap Domain names / Free Services / Free Promotion - seems like it could be it. There are a few recognisable features of the page going back to 2002... but I guess it could be coincidence?

I wonder if Robert or Mark have any of the old sites in their personal archives! .
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

That could be it, having issues with archive on that too. Ill check it out when I get home.

Comment

hehe

Robert was the one who answered most of the tickets and chats on HostHeaven, then it was me on eUKhost.com. Those days were awesome, I worked like a maniac for 18 hours a day. I wish I could continue to work with same efficiency.
          eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Yeh I remember Robert then, Jack and Mark a lot on tickets too when euk came through. Good times. Glad I stuck here and yous do everything very efficiently that I see.

Was just discussing with Ben, if euk ever needs to hire a Chief Brewmaster, I am your man

Just goes to show that the people helping run the show did a lot of tickets and that anybody on tickets now, could one day be a big wig. Has to be a great company to work for.

Comment

Yeh I remember Robert then, Jack and Mark a lot on tickets too when euk came through. Good times. Glad I stuck here and yous do everything very efficiently that I see.

Was just discussing with Ben, if euk ever needs to hire a Chief Brewmaster, I am your man

Just goes to show that the people helping run the show did a lot of tickets and that anybody on tickets now, could one day be a big wig. Has to be a great company to work for.
              hehe

Jack use to sit next to me and he disappeared every few hours to meet his GF. Sam continued when I use to sleep for few hours in the office itself.

Comment

hah, now that does sound like fun!!!

If I ever move to the UK I am applying for your Leeds office!

Comment

That could be it, having issues with archive on that too. Ill check it out when I get home.
                  Cool, it has similar packages etc to the eUKhost site from 2002 so I thought that one might be it .

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                  hehe

Robert was the one who answered most of the tickets and chats on HostHeaven, then it was me on eUKhost.com. Those days were awesome, I worked like a maniac for 18 hours a day. I wish I could continue to work with same efficiency.
                  In the early days did you have to answer like 20 tickets at once to keep up? lol . I'm sure your efficiency hasn't decreased. You can't work 18 hour days forever so it's good that its calmed down and now you can delegate someone else to do the 18 hours day .

I need a Chief Brewmaster! Are you able to provide a selection of hot beverages and what are your specialties? .

hehe

Jack use to sit next to me and he disappeared every few hours to meet his GF. Sam continued when I use to sleep for few hours in the office itself.
                  Haha, sounds like lots of fun! You used to sleep in the office? Now that is commitment! Did you ever used to go home? lol .

hah, now that does sound like fun!!!

If I ever move to the UK I am applying for your Leeds office!
                  I guess it saves travel time and petrol - so it basically increases your wage as well .
                  David Smith
                  Managing Director
                  DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
                    I need a Chief Brewmaster! Are you able to provide a selection of hot beverages and what are your specialties? .
                    I don't think he was referring to Tea .

Haha, sounds like lots of fun! You used to sleep in the office? Now that is commitment! Did you ever used to go home? lol .

Sorry Mark but that was funny .
                    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
                    Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
                    Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
                    Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                      I don't think he was referring to Tea .

Sorry Mark but that was funny .
                      Oh, yeah I get it lol. (You can tell how tired I was yesterday! ).

Oooo, that's even better. I would only require a mere 10 kegs a day .
                      David Smith
                      Managing Director
                      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

In the early days did you have to answer like 20 tickets at once to keep up? lol . I'm sure your efficiency hasn't decreased. You can't work 18 hour days forever so it's good that its calmed down and now you can delegate someone else to do the 18 hours day .
                        I did many tickets and chats, just like you do so many posts here. At least 100 chats and 100 tickets a day.

yeah. for the first year i went home only once in a week.

Comment

I did many tickets and chats, just like you do so many posts here. At least 100 chats and 100 tickets a day.

yeah. for the first year i went home only once in a week.
                          Wow, that many tickets and chats per day? How did you find time to do anything else at work?!

Haha, yeah, I'm nearly back up to my old posting rate .

And wow*2! Are you being serious? You only used to go home once per week?!?!
                          David Smith
                          Managing Director
                          DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Wow, that many tickets and chats per day? How did you find time to do anything else at work?!

Haha, yeah, I'm nearly back up to my old posting rate .

And wow*2! Are you being serious? You only used to go home once per week?!?!
                            I know. I still don't know how Mark works like he does even now. He's contributed a lot to eUKhost .
                            Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
                            Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
                            Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
                            Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                              I know. I still don't know how Mark works like he does even now. He's contributed a lot to eUKhost .
                              I think he should be up for some kind of national working award! .
                              David Smith
                              Managing Director
                              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                              X