Google Maps is rolling out new feature of creating and sharing places

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Maps is rolling out new feature of creating and sharing places

Google Maps will be helping you to create a list of places and share them with your family and friends. This would help others to find good places to visit easily instead of doing a research.

Nice idea!! I can see this coming in quite handy

Comment

But it seems that the Starred Places and Favourite Places are overlapping.

Comment

But they have intentionally built it so that Stars allow users to save a personal list of places they need to reference which might not be “Favourites.” For example, one can Star a doctor’s office or school, but that won't be favourites.

Comment

Ah yes that makes sense, so "starred" is more like "frequently used", whereas favourites is what you might share with friends, like a nice restaurant you went to.

Comment

I think it would be useful for those who have recently moved to new places which will help them find their favourite places.

Comment

Also, when your friends and family visit your town, tap the share button to get a link and start getting your local knowledge about the place and send the link to them so that they tap 'Follow' to view the list from your places whenever required. That's so easy!

Comment

Wow! It would be useful for my friends soon as they are coming to my town next week. Thanks for this information Zenita!

Comment

ban-img
                Working...
                X