Which Cloud Technology/Service?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Cloud Technology/Service?

I am a desktop developer who wants to choose a cloud technology. I need to periodically spin up a number of machines to run a task until its completion. However, the number of machines and length of task both vary. 20-100 machines and a run time of 2-30 minutes are good estimates. So I might need a 5-minute task on 60 machines and then 10 minutes later. I've tried researching this but I don't have the background to understand a lot of the websites I've been reading.

It seems like Lambda could do this but after about two hours of reading it turns out lambda is limited to 60 seconds of run time. Can someone get me started by pointing me at a cloud technology that would be appropriate for my service?

Thanks.

Hi,
    I encourage you to take a look at EUKHOST's Cloud Service. I can't point you to a specific service because I don't know the exact nature of the jobs that you want to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wales View Post
      I am a desktop developer who wants to choose a cloud technology. I need to periodically spin up a number of machines to run a task until its completion. However, the number of machines and length of task both vary. 20-100 machines and a run time of 2-30 minutes are good estimates. So I might need a 5-minute task on 60 machines and then 10 minutes later. I've tried researching this but I don't have the background to understand a lot of the websites I've been reading.

It seems like Lambda could do this but after about two hours of reading it turns out lambda is limited to 60 seconds of run time. Can someone get me started by pointing me at a cloud technology that would be appropriate for my service?

Thanks.
      Could you please provide more information regarding nature of the jobs you wanna run? There are plenty of good services out there but it really depends on what exactly you need from a cloud service...

Comment

ban-img
      Working...
      X