This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming - Impact on UK

Past couple of weeks I've been through some Scientific articles on Global Warming. I've also gone through some good clips available on official website hosting of National Geographic ( nationalgeographic.com ) and now I have some detailed information with me to share with all our members on this forum.

To start with let me introduce you to Global Conveyors which is the most important reason behind healthy weather of UK and other European countries. UK and Canada are on same Latitude so Climate in both countries should be same, but Canada remains frozen for 8 months of year while Climate in UK remains healthy throughout the year. This has been possible for us only due to the Global Conveyors. Global Conveyors bring warm currents to UK and thats why our ports never freeze even in Winters.

This Global Conveyors may not exist for long time as the speed of the conveyors has reduced as per study due to heavy amount of fresh water pushing every year from Arctic region. People involved in study of this process have mentioned that 40% of Ice has disappeared in last 10 years from Arctic region. Within next 10 - 20 years whole Ice will disappear from the Arctic Circle and by 2027 Global Conveyors will stop completely.

Let me explain why Global Conveyors will stop due to melting of Ice. Before 10,000 years there was a huge fresh water lake above Canada as shown in the picture below :-

This fresh water lake was separated from the Sea by a wall which broke due to an Earthquake. Huge amount of Fresh water started flowing from this Lake into Sea and this resulted in major impact on Global Conveyors. As we know that Density of Fresh water is lower than Sea Water and Fresh water tries to stay on top of the hard water resulting in downward movement of Sea Water. Global Conveyors came to halt due to this major activity in the Sea and whole world was pushed to Ice Age for Hundreds of Years. Similar thing may happen now as well if the Global Conveyors STOP.

Some people involved in this research have mentioned that this time it may not make much impact on UK and other European Countries as the Mercury will rise to high level by 2027 due to Global Warming and we may not go through another Ice Age.

So the conclusion is that we may get pushed to another Ice Age due to Global Warming but we need to wait for more Research on what exactly the scenario would be within next 20 - 30 years. Whatever it would be but it would make a huge impact on our life and future of all European Countries. It has been predicted that Greenland or Iceland may face major Volcanic Eruption within next 10 - 20 years as the reduced amount of Ice has weakened Earth Crust in this region which will result in major Volcanic outburst in this Earthquake prone region. This Volcanic eruption may come to our rescue as a major Volcanic eruption will release Sulfur in the atmosphere which will reduce global temperature for that particular year. Sulfur is known to redirect Sun Rays back to Atmosphere which will help us to buy some time to sort out Global Warming.
    Last edited by Josh; 09-07-2007, 19:23.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Very interesting data. Good Job. I still dont think anything 'major' apart from Ice caps melting will happen in any of our lives. Although the UK is like a ice age now with the cold weather.

Comment

Thanks for this timely message during live earth, to save our earth we need an exceptional and sustained global movement.<o =""></o>

Comment

This is what I have read about global warming and found it to be good.

When it comes to Global Warming,most geo-engineering schemes sound half-crazy and tend to have both technical and aesthetic complications.However one of the best down to earth idea was proposed by Scientist John Latham (U.S). He had suggested to blast tiny droplets of seawater into the atmosphere would create a highly reflective low -lying marine cloud.After several stimulations it was proved that by doing so it does have a substantial cooling effect.
        This idea was further developed by Stephen Salter who designed a vessel which was capable of producing marine clouds using wind power.If this idea is executed with 50 such vessels every year, it will cancel out a year’s worth of global carbon-dioxide emissions. That's too expensive though.However the idea suggested by Mark is a natural process and it's cost effective as well.
        A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
        :yahoo: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE and earn 20% commission on each referral. || Follow Us on || Skype : eukdanny

Comment

You can say if it is a co-incidence - this morning I just planted 6 plants in front of my house. Believe me it was such a graceful act, which has the capacity to fill me up with bliss. And I do believe whenever I will look at those Trees, I will feel more happy.

How will you take part in the graceful act - to save our mother Earth?
          Linux: because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
          ||
          || ||

Comment

Let us see what China says; "we're making our own weather"!
            The farmers "grab rocket launchers and a 37-millimeter anti-aircraft gun and begin shooting into the sky. What they launch are not bullets or missiles but chemical pellets. Their targets are not enemy aggressors but wisps of passing cloud that they aim to "seed" with silver-iodide particles around which moisture can then collect and become heavy enough to fall". atimes.com/atimes/China/IG13Ad01.html
            Last edited by paul; 16-12-2007, 04:30.

Comment

Thinking about our grandchildren...

In the last 60-70 years, mankind has destroyed the aeons-old beauty that mother nature had created so painstakingly for her children - us. Our generation has destroyed most of our Earth with greed, wars, etc. Now, our dear innocent children & their children too (if they survive that long to have them) are going to pay the price... Join hands, unite together, & bring back happiness and health to the world... We have just that much time...

Yes, we, together, can still make the difference, with complete determination.

I remember these words by the person who has always guided me:

"YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN"

~ Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
              Last edited by sb123; 03-01-2008, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                Let us see what China says; "we're making our own weather"!
                The farmers "grab rocket launchers and a 37-millimeter anti-aircraft gun and begin shooting into the sky. What they launch are not bullets or missiles but chemical pellets. Their targets are not enemy aggressors but wisps of passing cloud that they aim to "seed" with silver-iodide particles around which moisture can then collect and become heavy enough to fall". atimes.com/atimes/China/IG13Ad01.html
                lol, do you ever think that the chinese have missed the point ever so slightly? lol
                David Smith
                Managing Director
                DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

global warming is a serious issue and we should not neglect it.

Comment

This global warming thing is really frightening. I just saw a documentary on the Discovery Channel, the global temperature is already 1 Celsius grade higher. In 50 years Groenlanda won't be covered with ice, snow anymore. :-s

Comment

Originally posted by andreea360 View Post
                      This global warming thing is really frightening. I just saw a documentary on the Discovery Channel, the global temperature is already 1 Celsius grade higher. In 50 years Groenlanda won't be covered with ice, snow anymore. :-s
                      Yes, seriously speaking, if the bigger countries don't take immediate actions NOW, then small countries (and including those bigger ones too) will have no present-day beaches, resorts, even the streets will be underwater, many seaside villages and even cities will be invaded by sea water, and even the shapes of some countries reduced. You also won't have pleasant and regular climate... and your air-conditioning bills will be larger than your salaries.....

Comment

It’s critical matter of survival for everyone on the planet, each person should contribute to their individual level to save planet from global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by sb123 View Post
                          your air-conditioning bills will be larger than your salaries.....
                          You need Air for Air Conditioners. If there won't be any oxygen left in the Air then the Air Conditioners won't make any sense
                          eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                          Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                            You need Air for Air Conditioners. If there won't be any oxygen left in the Air then the Air Conditioners won't make any sense
                            That was written for those who think they can get away while others are dying!

Nature has its own real intelligence and it's for too long she has taken hammering from such greedy people. Now she has just started - the tsunami, changes in weather, growing occurrences of the tornados, earth-quakes, "global warming", asteroids passing close to earth... these are the warnings and the earthlings are still not learning. These greedy are thinking of star wars now! There won't be eyes to watch the stars and the war-fields will have no warriors when nature will begin its merciless war dance...
                            Last edited by sb123; 29-02-2008, 14:23.

Comment

Ah, yes, but...some things the wider media does not report. This adds to peoples views that they have something to hide.

Why has nobody reported that parts of America had the coldest winter for 100 years. China highest levels of snow fall for 50 years. If you combine Siberia, America, Mongolia and China, they have had the worst winter since 1962.

Everyone remembers the scenes of ice melting last summer. They were saying the ice has never been as thin. But as of right now it's thicker than it has been since any period since 1972 (when records began)

Not reporting all the information is, in many cases, worse than wrong information. If the media don't report these such things some people will have suspicion the next time they report a warming instance.

Comment

ban-img
                              Working...
                              X