This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    Ah, yes, but...some things the wider media does not report. This adds to peoples views that they have something to hide.

Why has nobody reported that parts of America had the coldest winter for 100 years. China highest levels of snow fall for 50 years. If you combine Siberia, America, Mongolia and China, they have had the worst winter since 1962.

Everyone remembers the scenes of ice melting last summer. They were saying the ice has never been as thin. But as of right now it's thicker than it has been since any period since 1972 (when records began)

Not reporting all the information is, in many cases, worse than wrong information. If the media don't report these such things some people will have suspicion the next time they report a warming instance.
    read my initial post

speed of Global Conveyors has started reducing and we can see one more Ice age which can last for 4 - 5 decades.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Global warming is now here to stay, unless all nations take collective steps, R & D to reverse it (is that possible now?) and use the best programs to avoid its recurrence. Global warming is bad... real bad. It is worse than any WW-III & WWW-IV together. You have atleast a hairline chance to outlive any WWs, but global warming will destroy life piece by piece. I am not a pessimist, but the writing is on the wall....
      Last edited by sb123; 01-03-2008, 05:19.

Comment

Everyone wants to do the right thing but the question has to be asked if it's really warming. One of the worst global winters on record. Admittedly, the UK has had a mild winter but we need to think of the bigger picture (as "Global" Warming suggests).

Until someone can tell me why the media hasn't been reporting the severe winter or record ice levels, I will be suspicious the next time they do some breaking news on something caused by warming.

You can't have a debate and then only allow one side to speak

Comment

I dont think humans are the sole cause of global warming. Its just natures cycle. Maybe we are helping speed it up but we are defiantely not the cause of it.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            I dont think humans are the sole cause of global warming. Its just natures cycle. Maybe we are helping speed it up but we are defiantely not the cause of it.
            That is a very good point and one that is very often missed. However if we are doing something to speed it up we should at least look into what we can do to try and reverse the speed increase - however I do understand that this is much easier said than done!
            David Smith
            Managing Director
            DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
            - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I do my bit, lightbulbs, fairly economical car, motorbike, recycle my dish / washing machine water. It just gets me when Al Gore goes on and on about global warming and then jumps on a private jet.

Comment

Forgot to mention that I have a rain barrel hooked up to the gutters on me house to catch rain to reuse in the garden

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346310,00.html ssshhhh, dont tell Al Gore! =-)

Comment

Possibly they are referring to the "climate change" NOT the global warming.

Comment

It's always funny to read such articles. When people are forced to comment on the cooling they have to find a scape goat (la nina) and say it's all to do with that. They the skim over the part about an unusually severe el nino being responsible for the unusual warming in the 90s.

Comment

I think it is an interesting one but looking back, things with CFCs were the same. People said there wasn't a problem and then the hole in the ozone layer was discovered. Surely it's better to play it safe and try and do something to cut emissions. People seem to think we're all going to survive but if we keep damaging the planet the way we are, no one can really say for sure what the future holds.
                        Jonathan Crass
                        Joint Partner in Checker Design
                        Joint Partner in Jst Hosting

Comment

I agree DPS it is good to try and change our ways. But what I find laughable is the propoganda with a few that support it and youre completely wrong if you disagree. I find the same kind of arguement from Vegans too, theyre right, youre wrong, how dare you try and find facts to prove me worng hehe.

I do my bit, I recycle grey water, I ride motorcycles, Ive used the low energy bulbs for about 6 years now, I grown my own fruits n veggies (as best as I can in the desert, but grey water helps) and I do many more things. I am pro environment, but what I dont like are people ramming things down our throats in a fashion as above. Gore had a terrible Presidential campagin because he lied and was hypocritical in what he said, like he is now. Pro environment people need a new face to push the word if they want more of my supprt, can I suggest Kelly Brooke

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            I agree DPS it is good to try and change our ways. But what I find laughable is the propoganda with a few that support it and youre completely wrong if you disagree. I find the same kind of arguement from Vegans too, theyre right, youre wrong, how dare you try and find facts to prove me worng hehe.

I do my bit, I recycle grey water, I ride motorcycles, Ive used the low energy bulbs for about 6 years now, I grown my own fruits n veggies (as best as I can in the desert, but grey water helps) and I do many more things. I am pro environment, but what I dont like are people ramming things down our throats in a fashion as above. Gore had a terrible Presidential campagin because he lied and was hypocritical in what he said, like he is now. Pro environment people need a new face to push the word if they want more of my supprt, can I suggest Kelly Brooke
                            Global Warming
                            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Certainly warmed me up
                              David Allen - www.serina.co.uk

Comment

Just to add to a previously discussed topic - which is fairly related to this.

When we were having the discussion about Google having there background black rather than white, to save on electricity consumption and having it as a permanent feature rather than just for one day - Google have recently been questioned about this.

Google have confirmed that on monitors made recently (within the last 7-8 years) it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if the background is black or white - newer monitors use the same power to display both.

Will dig out the link and post it when I find it - quite interesting really - makes me wonder why Google even did it in the first place!!
                                David Smith
                                Managing Director
                                DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                                - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                                X