Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everytime i see posts like this it reminds of me of the armagedon theories.... i hope this things wont really happen in our lifetime.. it that would happen in our lives. that'll be torturing.. dont wanna end up like that... good luck to the next generations..

Comment

kyle82, welcome, we are just trying to make people aware and focus on what is in our control to protect our next generations...

Comment

Yea good luck to the next generations.. There are so many movies on global warming related now just to make people more aware

Comment

the impact on by global warming is increased and some measuers should be installed to reduce the global warming

Comment

Plans are being suggested to engineer Earth to help reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere; ideas include the placing of machines in the sea that would pump salt into the atmosphere to help clouds become more reflective, whilst scientists also think putting large 'mirrors' in space would help.

More here: BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Engineering Earth 'is feasible'

Comment

Good info! Also Novacem a British company has developed a 'carbon-negative' cement that absorbs more CO2 than it emits over its life cycle, I hope this is also good initiative to reduce the amount of CO2 in atmosphere. More info here.

But who will stop China from building a coal plant & more power plants?

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                Good info! Also Novacem a British company has developed a 'carbon-negative' cement that absorbs more CO2 than it emits over its life cycle, I hope this is also good initiative to reduce the amount of CO2 in atmosphere. More info here.

But who will stop China from building a coal plant & more power plants?
                Great information Paul.

No one can stop China and they are least bothered about Global Warming.

I am not sure why it will take 5 years for Cement companies to start using magnesium silicates instead of calcium carbonate, but cement companies from all over the world should be forced to make this change, if cement strength does not reduce with this change.
                eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

I think Global Warming is a problem which can only be solved through collaborative work in the West atm. China isn't going to take any notice for many years to come, if it ever does even. The West needs to do all it can to reduce its Carbon emissions so that we can allow for the East to carry on at its current levels - developing nations aren't going to get anywhere without raising their emissions, and putting limits on them is just going to restrict their growth which will cause even more problems.

Comment

Google claim a 'new technology prototype' that provide global-scale observation online and measurement of changes in the earth's forests.' Check here for more details on what Google unveiled at Copenhagen. You can find a demo here if you've Google Earth Plugin installed. Many government agencies are on board with this initiative to stop the destruction of the world's rapidly-disappearing forests and putting deforestation view online for general awareness.

Image credit arstechnica.com

Source: Google's official blog
                    Organization involved in this project

Comment

It was -25 celcius the other day, somebody PLEASE send some global warming my way!

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        It was -25 celcius the other day, somebody PLEASE send some global warming my way!
                        Create cool environment, Snowmaker.com

Comment

Global warming may be part of our normal cycle.

in the end its all about balance, so by my reckoning there should be a massive heatwave in the summer in the UK.

The weather in the northern hemisphere at the moment looks a little like a film I watched which talked about global warming and sea currents. you know the film?

We can play with mother nature but you can not tame her!.

Comment

Global warming will cool down UK every year, as the Global Conveyor is slowing down. Canada and UK will go into ice age and those near the Equator will face severe heat waves throughout the year.

Scientists keep on saying different things which creates complications for curious people like us. Lets wait and see what happens next year.
                            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by madwayne View Post

The weather in the northern hemisphere at the moment looks a little like a film I watched which talked about global warming and sea currents. you know the film?
                              Are you talking about the latest movie 2012 ?

Comment

I've watched 2012, the movie fail to render the end-of-the-world footage.. better they've hired other writer. Its worth watching twice "The Man Who Saw Tomorrow " based on Nostradamus publication.

Comment

Working...
                                X