X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eUKhost.com
    started a topic Global Warming - Impact on UK

Global Warming - Impact on UK

Past couple of weeks I've been through some Scientific articles on Global Warming. I've also gone through some good clips available on official website hosting of National Geographic ( nationalgeographic.com ) and now I have some detailed information with me to share with all our members on this forum.

To start with let me introduce you to Global Conveyors which is the most important reason behind healthy weather of UK and other European countries. UK and Canada are on same Latitude so Climate in both countries should be same, but Canada remains frozen for 8 months of year while Climate in UK remains healthy throughout the year. This has been possible for us only due to the Global Conveyors. Global Conveyors bring warm currents to UK and thats why our ports never freeze even in Winters.

This Global Conveyors may not exist for long time as the speed of the conveyors has reduced as per study due to heavy amount of fresh water pushing every year from Arctic region. People involved in study of this process have mentioned that 40% of Ice has disappeared in last 10 years from Arctic region. Within next 10 - 20 years whole Ice will disappear from the Arctic Circle and by 2027 Global Conveyors will stop completely.

Let me explain why Global Conveyors will stop due to melting of Ice. Before 10,000 years there was a huge fresh water lake above Canada as shown in the picture below :-

This fresh water lake was separated from the Sea by a wall which broke due to an Earthquake. Huge amount of Fresh water started flowing from this Lake into Sea and this resulted in major impact on Global Conveyors. As we know that Density of Fresh water is lower than Sea Water and Fresh water tries to stay on top of the hard water resulting in downward movement of Sea Water. Global Conveyors came to halt due to this major activity in the Sea and whole world was pushed to Ice Age for Hundreds of Years. Similar thing may happen now as well if the Global Conveyors STOP.

Some people involved in this research have mentioned that this time it may not make much impact on UK and other European Countries as the Mercury will rise to high level by 2027 due to Global Warming and we may not go through another Ice Age.

So the conclusion is that we may get pushed to another Ice Age due to Global Warming but we need to wait for more Research on what exactly the scenario would be within next 20 - 30 years. Whatever it would be but it would make a huge impact on our life and future of all European Countries. It has been predicted that Greenland or Iceland may face major Volcanic Eruption within next 10 - 20 years as the reduced amount of Ice has weakened Earth Crust in this region which will result in major Volcanic outburst in this Earthquake prone region. This Volcanic eruption may come to our rescue as a major Volcanic eruption will release Sulfur in the atmosphere which will reduce global temperature for that particular year. Sulfur is known to redirect Sun Rays back to Atmosphere which will help us to buy some time to sort out Global Warming.
    Last edited by Josh; 09-07-2007, 19:23.

• paul
    replied
    Re: Strong home quality connected air is literally

Glaciers are melting slowly, it seems that we may lose the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets in near future. As per green peace, this could add around 6 m to global sea level, with catastrophic effects.

Leave a comment:

• ReeceUK
    replied
    Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
    it is Global Warming

average temperature at the Arctic has increased, that is why there's so much fresh water getting into the Sea, resulting in slow down of the Global conveyors. UK has good weather throughout the year due to the warm currents, that come from the Indian ocean and Pacific ocean around west Africa.

lets wait and watch what happens next year. Nature is unpredictable, no one can give perfect prediction about weather after 10 years.
    The UK has good weather? I'd beg to differ.

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    it is Global Warming

average temperature at the Arctic has increased, that is why there's so much fresh water getting into the Sea, resulting in slow down of the Global conveyors. UK has good weather throughout the year due to the warm currents, that come from the Indian ocean and Pacific ocean around west Africa.

lets wait and watch what happens next year. Nature is unpredictable, no one can give perfect prediction about weather after 10 years.
    I'll let you debate that one with the government .

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
    Don't say that!! I can't cope with the cold!!!

Just on another note, isn't the technical term of "global warming", "climate change" now? Because it's definitely not sunbathing weather in the UK at the moment .
    it is Global Warming

Leave a comment:

• Ben Stones
    replied

Just on another note, isn't the technical term of "global warming", "climate change" now? Because it's definitely not sunbathing weather in the UK at the moment .
    Hahahaha. So true .

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    I hope people will now understand what problems we can face if Global Conveyor stops one day. Global Conveyor has slowed down and it will take few years for the Global Conveyor to stop completely. once that happens, we will see ice-age once again.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    I hope people will now understand what problems we can face if Global Conveyor stops one day. Global Conveyor has slowed down and it will take few years for the Global Conveyor to stop completely. once that happens, we will see ice-age once again.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Stones
    replied
    Originally posted by Albert View Post
    Global warming is a big problem of hole the world !! Let me start this and we can see how many ideas that we can got to save our planet,
    1.Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs.
    2.Install compact fluorescent led light bulbs (CFLs) when your older incandescent bulbs burn out.
    3.Unplug appliances when you're not using them. Or, use a "smart" power strip that senses when appliances are off and cuts "phantom" or "vampire" energy use.
    4.Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible. As much as 85 percent of the energy used to machine-wash clothes goes to heating the water.
    5.Take shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too.
    Thank you for registering on the forum to add a few links . I've removed them for you .

Ice age? I wouldn't quite call a couple of months of cold temperatures an ice age!
    The press would

But to most folks, no . Although you could call that the usual rubbish UK weather I suppose . Can you believe the UK had little snow this winter? How does that work? lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Global warming is a big problem of hole the world !! Let me start this and we can see how many ideas that we can got to save our planet,
    1.Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs.
    2.Install compact fluorescent led light bulbs (CFLs) when your older incandescent bulbs burn out.
    3.Unplug appliances when you're not using them. Or, use a "smart" power strip that senses when appliances are off and cuts "phantom" or "vampire" energy use.
    4.Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible. As much as 85 percent of the energy used to machine-wash clothes goes to heating the water.
    5.Take shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too.
    Last edited by Ben Stones; 10-01-2012, 04:16. Reason: Removed spam URLs

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Ice age? I wouldn't quite call a couple of months of cold temperatures an ice age!

Leave a comment:

• onlinemedia
    replied
    You most welcome man!

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Originally posted by onlinemedia View Post
    It was interesting to read the whole article! well written.
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• onlinemedia
    replied
    It was interesting to read the whole article! well written.

Leave a comment:

• WeRollin
    replied
    Originally posted by james07 View Post
    Hi!

Global warming is indeed a highly threatening issue. However, do we need to panic? Did we examine the motive of person's raising this environmental issue? I have studied meteorology and oceanography. From these, I had learned that climate is very hard to predict. Hope this tickles our minds and we stop digging deeper from what is presented on us.
    Ok, but from studying these things, you should know that global warming is pretty much happening right now and needs to be curbed. We're not talking about predicting the client here. We're talking about a general trend of increase in sea level height as well as temperature. Just because last summer was cold and this summer is warm does not mean the trend is increasing. I work in medicine. Patients freak out over one little blip on their EKG.. it is ALL about trends in science.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X