Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Brief History Of DPS Computing

Hello everybody,

As I'm sure many of you will know I'm David and I created and run DPS Computing (DPS Computing - Your Ultimate Computing Website!). It is a technology and computing website providing news, reviews, downloads, videos, a forum and many other pieces of content and interactivity.

DPS Computing was started by myself back in 2006 and has been hosted for all its life in its current home eUKhost.

The site has gone through many revamps as many different things have been tried with the latest revamp and relaunch coming in September 2009.

Sometimes it has been very difficult to keep adding content to the site with many different things happening in my life while trying to fit in University and part time work but somehow I've managed to keep it going.

From 2009 our popularity has continued to steadily increase and 2011 looks like it will be another record breaking year for DPS Computing.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our loyal members (nearly 600 now!) and our many visitors for their continued support and am looking forward to welcoming many more visitors and members to the site in the near future.

May I also take this opportunity to thank our wonderful host eUKhost and all the many staff of the company that have helped us over the past 5 years.

If you've never been to the site before (or even if you have) why not take a look again - DPS Computing - Your Ultimate Computing Website!. If you haven't been on the site for a long period of time you'll notice many different changes. We look forward to welcoming you .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

I've bookmarked your site. Can't wait to see the software section too .

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
      I've bookmarked your site. Can't wait to see the software section too .
      Thank you Ben . Oh yes, the software section should be fully up and running soon with some custom made DPS software. The first expected releases are scheduled for September 2011 and include some learning to drive / theory test / hazard perception driving programs. I've also got a few test programs that I would like to release and get feedback on. So its all very exciting over at DPS Computing at the moment .
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
        Thank you Ben . Oh yes, the software section should be fully up and running soon with some custom made DPS software. The first expected releases are scheduled for September 2011 and include some learning to drive / theory test / hazard perception driving programs. I've also got a few test programs that I would like to release and get feedback on. So its all very exciting over at DPS Computing at the moment .
        Wow! I might actually consider that as I am considering going for my provisional soon .

Comment

Wow! I might actually consider that as I am considering going for my provisional soon .
          Good good . Preliminary testing is definitely showing it to be very useful - much faster, easier to administer, record results etc compared to getting books, writing down answers etc. No two practice tests are ever the same, explanations are accompanied by other media such as videos, sound and diagrams.

It should be really really good .
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Good good . Preliminary testing is definitely showing it to be very useful - much faster, easier to administer, record results etc compared to getting books, writing down answers etc. No two practice tests are ever the same, explanations are accompanied by other media such as videos, sound and diagrams.

It should be really really good .
            Can't wait .

Comment

Can't wait .
              I'll be sure to notify you personally when it becomes available on the site . I might even throw in a discount!
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I'll be sure to notify you personally when it becomes available on the site . I might even throw in a discount!
                Thanks David!

Comment

Thanks David!
                  No problem. All feedback, comments, questions and criticisms about the site are all welcome too. I want to improve it as much as possible for the benefits of all our visitors and members .
                  Last edited by DPS Computing; 21-08-2011, 22:54. Reason: Spelling
                  David Smith
                  Managing Director
                  DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

No problem. All feedback, comments, questions and criticisms about the site are all welcome too. I want to improve it as much as possible for the benefits of all our visitors and members .
                    As you know I already sent criticism using the relevant contact form .

Comment

As you know I already sent criticism using the relevant contact form .
                      Oh yes, I should have prefixed genuine before I put criticism .
                      David Smith
                      Managing Director
                      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Oh yes, I should have prefixed genuine before I put criticism .
                        haha! Funny . It was genuine though...

Comment

haha! Funny . It was genuine though...
                          Yet completely false!
                          David Smith
                          Managing Director
                          DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Yet completely false!
                            Well, if you put it like that .

Comment

Well, if you put it like that .
                              You mean, like the truth? haha
                              David Smith
                              Managing Director
                              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                              X