Linux CentoS or Ubuntu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux CentoS or Ubuntu

What is better - Linux CentoS or Ubuntu? and Why?

That is a very subjective topic that is why you would find many satisfied users of CentOS as well as Ubuntu. You may want to share your requirements/preferences in little detail based on which others may recommend which off the two would be best for you.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
      That is a very subjective topic that is why you would find many satisfied users of CentOS as well as Ubuntu. You may want to share your requirements/preferences in little detail based on which others may recommend which off the two would be best for you.
      I will be using cPanel for managing my website. Please note that I am not a pro at using both the OS. So, please let me know which one would be more suitable for a beginner like me.

Comment

CentOS is a free clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and supports cPanel. It is great for businesses & developers as it is more stable and secure. CentOS has less frequent updates. The software is tested for a longer period of time and only truly stable versions get released.

Ubuntu is based on Debian. It and doest not support cPanel. It uses the latest (non-beta) versions. Ubuntu has a big community thatís ready to help for free, so it's great for beginners. You have great support in the form of tutorials, forums etc.

Comment

Working...
        X