Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Free Desktop Email Clients

10 free desktop email clients :

================================================== ========================================
    Why desktop email? - Multiple accounts, offline access, social networking and quicker search are just some reasons to use this.

Here some of the free email clients which you can use :

1.Claws Mail :

Claws mail is the lightweight mail client which is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. It has support for multiple accounts, colour labels, threaded display and plug-ins with clean and simple interface . But, it lacks automatic mail account configuration and does not support direct importing of mail from Outlook or Thunderbird.

2.Foxmail :

Foxmail is available for Windows and Mac. It offers a powerful mail management. It supports exchange mail as well as various webmail and you can also preview attachments (by selecting formats) within the app.
    The only issue with this is that, by default the program installs in Chinese.(steps to switch to English are available)

3.Opera Mail :

Opera Mail offers a hat tip to online Gmail with features like conversation view and customisable labels. Opera mail is the new kid on the block. It also allows you to view multiple emails in tabs, so one can easily switch between them or reply to multiple people at the same time.This is the Stand-out feature provided with this.
    Opera makes it easy for Gmail users to switch to offline mode because it copies all your labels over, apart from speed, RSS feeds and tabs . Nothing very revolutionary but it's totally free & available on both Windows & Mac. Verdict Like Opera's browser, Mail can get more done in less time.

4.Thunderbird :

Probably the one with the maximum features and also the most popular. Thunderbird is made by Mozilla (of Firefox fame) around 2004. Though active development stopped in 2012, it still has an active community, a large installed user base & many powerful extensions.

5.Windows Live Mail :

Windows Live Mail is the one to go for if you still miss Outlook and Outlook Express .It is available as part of the free Windows Essentials suite of programs. Apart from Live accounts/Hotmail, it also supports all other webmail, Windows Live Contacts, RSS feeds and has a great reminder feature.

6.Zimbra :

It offers a unified inbox for all your mail accounts and is available for Windows, MAC and Linux. It collects updates from your social networks and displays them in a single window for quicker access. It syncs with your webmail as well as Google Calendar and can be used when online or offline.

7.K-9 Mail (Android) :

This is the open-source mail client which supports multiple accounts and offers a unified inbox. The interface looks a bit old-fasioned, but K-9 makes up for it with the sheer number of features. One can choose it to store your mails and attachments in internal or external storage, disable notifications for a specific time period or even encrypt outgoing mails.

8.Maildroid (Android)

Although Maildroid is ad-supported, it's interface closely resembles the new Gmail for Android. In this, while deleting a mail you can choose to remove it from the device or from the device and server both. Also, it comes with an optional spam system service ( 54/month) that keeps your mailbox clean and offers various tweaks for the power user.

9.Mailbox (iOS) :

Mailbox offers a clean interface that makes it easy to organise mails. One of the most useful features of the app is the ability to snooze mails ; you can make some mails 'invisible' in the app for a select time period so that you can focus on the more important ones. Though it currently works only with Gmail but, it supports up to five accounts at a time.

10.Incredimail (iOS) :

This iPad app offers a magazine-style unified inbox that could change the way as you read email. Contact photos are imported from Facebook and shown next to mails.You can attach photos & videos from within the app instead of opening Photos. You also get previews of any link attached in a mail and links sent by you appear as preview snippets.

================================================== ========================================

Thanks....!!!!!!!!!

Re: 10 Free Desktop Email Clients

Wow... nice share.

Thanks Shane.
    "It Takes 20 Years To Build A Reputation And Five Minutes To Ruin It. If You Think About That, You'll Do Things Differently. "

Comment

You are ... PMagic....!!!!!!

Comment

Nice article.

I use a desktop e-mail client all the time. On Ubuntu I use Thunderbird - it's fantastic. There was an article I read about an e-mail client and I recall reading someone's comment implying desktop e-mail clients are dead. Perhaps he only uses his computer to surf Facebook and Reddit, but for anyone that uses their computer for work and for anything more than just Reddit, a desktop e-mail client makes sense .

Thunderbird is a great e-mail client. It does what you'd expect very well - and there's no Microsoft tax . I've also used Sylpheed on Lubuntu...not as good as Thunderbird or as user friendly, but one you may want to add to the list of e-mail clients.
        Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
        Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
        Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
        Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

I've been using thunderbird since beta. I really enjoy it, simple to use and has good addons if you need it.

I use K9 mail with my droid and imap so I can read everything and delete what I need since I use thunderbird for pop.

Obviously use outlook Exchange at work but that looks like its gonna possibly switch to Google apps.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Thanks Ben and Brian.....There are many more Desktop Email clients available freely..but..I have just mentioned some of them........

And, Yes..Thunderbird is really a very popular and widely use Desktop client just because of its awesome and simple features.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              I've been using thunderbird since beta. I really enjoy it, simple to use and has good addons if you need it.

I use K9 mail with my droid and imap so I can read everything and delete what I need since I use thunderbird for pop.

Obviously use outlook Exchange at work but that looks like its gonna possibly switch to Google apps.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
              Originally posted by Shane P View Post

Thanks Ben and Brian.....There are many more Desktop Email clients available freely..but..I have just mentioned some of them........

And, Yes..Thunderbird is really a very popular and widely use Desktop client just because of its awesome and simple features.
              Heard Mozilla are no longer directly contributing to Thunderbird. Is this true? I know this is old news but I never paid attention to it.

I know Opera Mail is a recent entrant as a standalone client. Actually heard about it when I read Opera will be developing a Linux client . I've just tried it. The user interface on Windows isn't incredibly appealing. It works though.
              Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
              Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
              Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
              Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Working...
              X