X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian
    replied
    Re: Microsoft's Bing redesigned with New Logo

Like everything else for M$, search is getting harder and harder. They're ball droppers in recent years, releasing worthless OS's, mobile platform isn't doing great either. They had a huge market share when all you could get was Windows bundled with IE and there were no challenging browsers. Now you have Opera, Firefox and Chrome which people know about now, its not uncommon to go to a clients PC and find 2 or three browsers on it. Opera, Firefox and Chrome all default to Google. That takes a huge portion of M$ market share. They only have themselves to blame when it comes to losing ground, years of insecure browsers forced people to look elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Brown
    replied

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
    Microsoft sees it absolutely necessary to be in the search business to stay relevant. It's still not as good as Google - which shows you how difficult search is, or maybe it's just because...... Either way, my question I'm wondering is whether Bing is even profitable for them yet?
    Its not there yet but it is getting bigger and better. MS does feel the need to be in search in order to defend its market share from rivals like Google which is almost ubiquitous in all technology sectors.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Stones
    replied

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    Did they launch the design? Maybe it is different and I didn't use the old one enough. Bing only has good image search for me, Google really dropped the ball there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    It's not live for me yet. Old design still.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Did they launch the design? Maybe it is different and I didn't use the old one enough. Bing only has good image search for me, Google really dropped the ball there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Ben Stones
    replied

Originally posted by Rock View Post
    Bing is one of Microsoft's mistake for stepping into the search engine zone. Except for the image search function ability, it's nowhere near Google..
    Microsoft sees it absolutely necessary to be in the search business to stay relevant. It's still not as good as Google - which shows you how difficult search is, or maybe it's just because...... Either way, my question I'm wondering is whether Bing is even profitable for them yet?

Leave a comment:

• Rock
    replied

Originally posted by RogKacher View Post
    With the launch of Bing's new search function which touted as the next generation search Microsoft also unvieled the newly designed site and a brand new logo.

"With this release we've created a modern Bing.com experience - one that is faster, cleaner and more visually appealing," said Lawrence Ripsher, Microsoft GM of user experiences at Bing.

The main aspect of the redesign is Page Zero, a new function that allows users to view an answer or take an action before viewing a traditional search results page.
    Bing is one of Microsoft's mistake for stepping into the search engine zone. Except for the image search function ability, it's nowhere near Google..

Leave a comment:

• RogKacher
    started a topic Microsoft's Bing redesigned with New Logo

Microsoft's Bing redesigned with New Logo

With the launch of Bing's new search function which touted as the next generation search Microsoft also unvieled the newly designed site and a brand new logo.

"With this release we've created a modern Bing.com experience - one that is faster, cleaner and more visually appealing," said Lawrence Ripsher, Microsoft GM of user experiences at Bing.

The main aspect of the redesign is Page Zero, a new function that allows users to view an answer or take an action before viewing a traditional search results page.
Working...
X