Almost half of Twitter users donít tweet anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost half of Twitter users donít tweet anymore.

According to a recent study by a social media tracking website, 44 percent of Twitterís account have never sent a single tweet since they were created and another 30 percent accounts have only about 1-10 tweets so far. And only about 13 percent of registered Twitter users have more than hundred tweets.

Twitter has about 244 million monthly active users but the total number of registered userís are about 883 million which means about 639 million users do not use the service at all and have abandoned it.

This not only the problem with Twitter and other social networking sites like LinkedIn also have a dark pool of users who rarely use the site.

Re: Almost half of Twitter users donít tweet anymore.

If we compare Twitter and LinkedIn With Facebook and Goolge+ then both Twitter and Linkedin have less interactive features and User interface which restrict user from doing something. I personally don't like twitter and Linkedin for social activities.

Comment

I think LinkedIn is something different than social networking right ? Granted Professional Networking which could be argued that its the same thing. It is great for job applications and networking for jobs but that is all.

I registered for Twitter years ago and only posted my first Tweet because I could get an extra 10% off a server (gaming) I was renting. I have only got one friend that uses it and he does about 20 posts a day. I have done maybe 30 tweets or less. I find it boring and restrictive, but it being restrictive on your posts is the whole point right ?

Ill be going back to one of the ones that has abandoned it, no real need for it. Seems to be a hell of a lot more trolling on it compared to facebook which says a lot as facebook is a hellhole. Google+ for me is nothing short of Fail.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Yes, the main reason behind this could be the limitation of both these platforms in terms of ease of use and features.

Twitter is also limited by its character limitation and cluttered design, although there are some changes being made along the lines of Facebook which pretty much makes it more useless.
        eUKhost Ltd.: Dedicated Servers | Cloud Hosting | Build a Website
        Join our Affiliate program for free and earn up to 100% commission!
        "A DECADE OF EXCELLENT SUPPORT"

Comment

I deactivated my Twitter last night, thank to this thread for reminding me how pathetic it was lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            I deactivated my Twitter last night, thank to this thread for reminding me how pathetic it was lol
            Haha .

Comment

Facebook is a social media network, which helps us to connect to our friends, colleagues who were in our school or in the past, whereas Twitter is more of an information network, where we connect to people whom we wished were to be in our schools with us..
              Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Before I deactivated my Twitter I did browse around it a fair bit. From what I saw its about 50% nonsense, 10% interesting and about 40% racist tweets. I thought Facebook was a cesspool until I browsed around Twitter and it makes Facebook look like an Angels birthing lounge.

Comment

Before I deactivated my Twitter I did browse around it a fair bit. From what I saw its about 50% nonsense, 10% interesting and about 40% racist tweets. I thought Facebook was a cesspool until I browsed around Twitter and it makes Facebook look like an Angels birthing lounge.
                  lol you've got to be kidding me? I think above anything else Facebook is the place where people tend to post junk which is why I dislike using it. I do use Twitter regularly but I only tweet once or twice a year, if that .

Comment

I am one of those 44% Twitter account holders who have never sent a single tweet

The character limit on each tweet is a big turn off for many users that I know of and with Facebook's popularity already sky high, not many feel the need to be active on Twitter or have an account in the first place.
                    eUKhost Ltd.
                    Part of the Hyperslice Group

Email: [email protected]
                    Phone: 0800 862 0380
                    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                      I am one of those 44% Twitter account holders who have never sent a single tweet

The character limit on each tweet is a big turn off for many users that I know of and with Facebook's popularity already sky high, not many feel the need to be active on Twitter or have an account in the first place.
                      How about posting a tweet about not posting a tweet before?

(Just trying to drum up some ideas for you ).

Comment

Nope, and my study was very scientific ill have you know

Facebook does have a huge portion of doucebags too though, I agree with that. Difference between that and Twitter is on Twitter anybody can Tweet me and get involved in a conversation so you see it right there. In Facebook my page is locked down.

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
                        lol you've got to be kidding me? I think above anything else Facebook is the place where people tend to post junk which is why I dislike using it. I do use Twitter regularly but I only tweet once or twice a year, if that .

Comment

Well you can lock down your account on Twitter too so anyone that tries to follow you needs to be approved by you. The 140 character limit definitely turns some people away, but at the same time, some say it is what sets Twitter apart. I suppose in a way it does. I couldn't imagine Twitter having 1,000 character tweets .

Certainly are a lot of people on Twitter that are abusive. Goes with the public nature of how Twitter works. Not an excuse by any means; rather shows you how low human beings can go.

Nope, and my study was very scientific ill have you know

Facebook does have a huge portion of doucebags too though, I agree with that. Difference between that and Twitter is on Twitter anybody can Tweet me and get involved in a conversation so you see it right there. In Facebook my page is locked down.

Comment

Quite honestly if you don't like what someone is posting on Facebook or Twitter you can quite easily remove them. It's what I do .

Comment

Yeah I guess youre both right. I could figure out if I can set only friends to follow or lock Twitter down. I guess my lack of interest in doing such a thing shows how appealing Twitter is to me. Its just overall boring and not worth the extra battery power on my Droid =)

I could see it being excellent for certain business types, if I ever did get into one I would set up an account.

Come to think of it, two of my websites have a Twitter account along with Facebook. All I did was link the two so when I post on Facebook it goes to Twitter. I have no idea how many followers I have on either of them as I havent logged in in a LONG time.

Originally posted by ReeceUK View Post
                              Quite honestly if you don't like what someone is posting on Facebook or Twitter you can quite easily remove them. It's what I do .

Comment

Working...
                              X