No announcement yet.

Nokia to be renamed Microsoft Mobile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nokia to be renamed Microsoft Mobile.

I had enough hands on and good memories with the models 3310, 1100, 6600, 6030
    Regards,
    Kieran A.
    Cloud Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran View Post
      I had enough hands on and good memories with the models 3310, 1100, 6600, 6030
      I had one about 8 or 9 years ago. I was so disappointed I lost it .

Comment

Nokia 6600 was indeed the most sought after phone in 2003 everywhere and I had got one for myself in 2004. Couple of other Nokia phones I had after that but from there on, the newer models were never really enticing or desirable in comparison to competing Samsung and Apple phones.
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

excellent move by Microsoft. I had decided not to use Nokia phones again after reloading my N9200 for 3 times in 2 years. I switched to Blackberry in 2008, then I switched to a Android phone in 2011 and since then I am very happy with the Android phone. I am using a Note 3 now and Android allows me to use my phone like a Laptop. I've never used a Laptop till now and I am glad that my Android phone has allowed me to continue without a Laptop
          eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
            the newer models were never really enticing or desirable in comparison to competing Samsung and Apple phones.

The user interface and features provided in Android, iOS and blackberry were much user-friendly than Symbian and hence
            smartphones built with touchscreen have been preferred by then. Decision of not joining Open Handset Alliance (OHA) made a very big difference in Nokia and other mobile handset makers.
            Regards,
            Kieran A.
            Cloud Administrator

Comment

Nokia Lumia 520 Stops A Bullet, Saves A Police Officer

Click image for larger version

Name:	nl520-saves-a-police-officer_thumb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	160008

We all put our phones in different places on our person. Some people prefer keeping it in their pockets on the side, some prefer keeping it at the back, some prefer putting it in their shirt pocket, while others factor keeping it in a bag. Well it turns out that one off-duty policeman’s choice to put his Nokia Lumia 520 in his back pocket might have saved him from serious injury. Read more here...

Comment

Originally posted by Keiran
                Decision of not joining Open Handset Alliance (OHA) made a very big difference in Nokia and other mobile handset makers.
                It definitely made a huge difference to Nokia but in the hindsight, even Apple isn't a part of Open Handset Alliance but they are doing pretty well on their own. No matter how much Android lovers bash and criticize iOS, it has its own loyal base of users. Nokia wasn't able to retain their own loyal user base who switched to other advanced platforms and devices over the course of last few years.

On a personal note, after having used Symbian, iOS, Blackberry, Android and iOS again, I can personally vouch for iOS as its does the job pretty well for me, leaving aside the hassles of owning an apple device ofcourse
                Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
                Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

The phone was just as usable after it had a bullet hole in it than it was before the shooting =)

Originally posted by eukrobert View Post
                  Nokia Lumia 520 Stops A Bullet, Saves A Police Officer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]642[/ATTACH]

We all put our phones in different places on our person. Some people prefer keeping it in their pockets on the side, some prefer keeping it at the back, some prefer putting it in their shirt pocket, while others factor keeping it in a bag. Well it turns out that one off-duty policeman’s choice to put his Nokia Lumia 520 in his back pocket might have saved him from serious injury. Read more here...

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                    The phone was just as usable after it had a bullet hole in it than it was before the shooting =)
                    Really? :P I'd be surprised if the bullet shot didn't hit the chip inside the phone.

Comment

here's the story out of my imagination. that cop saw those 2 criminals and he started running with his as* facing the Gun of criminals. his phone was inside his backpocket and he started running like Usain Bolt to save his ars*. when the bullet left from the gun of criminals and approached the backpcket of the cop, its relative speed was low as the ars* was going away from the bullet. while the cop was jumping out of the door, the bullet hit the phone at an angle, which didn't transfer complete power of the bullet into the phone.

If the phone had been hit straight by the bullet, I am sure that the bullet would have come out from the front side of the cop.

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                        here's the story out of my imagination. that cop saw those 2 criminals and he started running with his as* facing the Gun of criminals. his phone was inside his backpocket and he started running like Usain Bolt to save his ars*. when the bullet left from the gun of criminals and approached the backpcket of the cop, its relative speed was low as the ars* was going away from the bullet. while the cop was jumping out of the door, the bullet hit the phone at an angle, which didn't transfer complete power of the bullet into the phone.

If the phone had been hit straight by the bullet, I am sure that the bullet would have come out from the front side of the cop.
                        Oh... I was just getting interested. Any more to that story?

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceUK View Post
                          Oh... I was just getting interested. Any more to that story?
                          wait for our Super Cop to comment

Brian?

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                            wait for our Super Cop to comment

Brian?
                            Brian has been too busy smashing his sat nav to pieces to reply right now...

Comment

Microsoft making sure 18,000 people wont be able to feed their families after the Nokia buyout Microsoft Cuts 18,000 Jobs In Nokia Cull

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Update : Nokia brand to be replaced with Microsoft Lumia

Source
                                LG P690(Sold) => Galaxy S3(Sold) = > Google Nexus 4 = > LG G2 [Sprint Unlocked]

Comment

Working...
                                X