• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Re: WeChat Provides free 1 GB Cloud Storage

Originally posted by ReeceUK View Post
    Is that supposed to make me feel any better?
    Yes

You can trust WeChat 100%

Leave a comment:

• ReeceUK
    replied

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
    WeChat belongs to Tencent group, which is amongst the top 10 IT solutions company in the world. they cannot be looked as a Chinese company anymore, as they have majority stake in many of the mobile apps we use.
    Is that supposed to make me feel any better?

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied

WeChat belongs to Tencent group, which is amongst the top 10 IT solutions company in the world. they cannot be looked as a Chinese company anymore, as they have majority stake in many of the mobile apps we use.

All that's happening inside our mobile is either coming from the US or China/Korea. There's absolutely no harm in using WeChat, as we host their data and we know they don't transfer anything back to China from our servers.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied

It would also depend upon which country these Cloud Storage servers are located at. Having said that, it's quite a risk for just 1 GB Cloud Storage at stake and one would be better off increasing the external storage space of the phone itself in order to store images, videos and documents.

Leave a comment:

• ReeceUK
    replied

Call me paranoid but I cannot trust these sorts of services from China and it wouldn't surprise if the government over there may have endorsed these services to try and compete with the likes of WhatsApp, etc. China will have a much easier time getting the information they need about someone if a service provider operates in their own country. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't put my hope in using it.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Brown
    started a topic WeChat Provides free 1 GB Cloud Storage

WeChat Provides free 1 GB Cloud Storage

WeChat- the IM application is now providing free 1 GB Cloud storage to its application users. The free storage would allow users to store images, videos and documents.

The users can add all their voice notes, videos and images to the cloud storage by pressing the Favorite button on the Chat screen.
    The saved files can be easily accessed later on as per ones need. The unique feature allows users to access their saved files from any device and it not restricted to their smartphones only.

The application can be downloaded free on Android, Windows, Blackberry, iOS and Nokia X.
Working...
X