Apple sued over disappearing text messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple sued over disappearing text messages

Apple Inc has been sued by a former iPhone users claiming that there was issue with message delivery due to the interference of Apple’s message delivery system when she switched to an Android phone.

According to the complainant, the messaging service from Apple- iMessage retains the message sent by the iPhone users and does not deliver it to her Android phone.

The lawsuit seeks a class-action status and the damages are not yet determined and Apple has not commented on this.

What do you think could be the main reason behind this? Does Apple really retain messages from other phones?

Re: Apple sued over disappearing text messages

Quite honestly I only think Apple should be sued if the claimant is really sure, or at least convinced, Apple did this intentionally. Surely this is simply a problem with the way Apple designed their system? There must be a valid technical reason why Apple is unable to fix the problem, but I guess some may accuse Apple of malpractice. I can see the argument both ways.

Comment

She was obviously texting wrong so iCorp automatically gets to retain what they want per their TOS.
      I hope she gets lots and lots of money. You cant tell me a company that has such a ripoff, erm premium product line cant figure out how to do it ? I call bs.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

I believe they can retain the data but only a copy of it. Unless you have delivered it to the users in the first place how can you keep it to yourself?

Comment

Working...
        X