Facebook Update - Working on its own messaging app called 'Slingshot'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Update - Working on its own messaging app called 'Slingshot'

First, Facebook tried to buy SnapChat for $3 billion, but the offer was rejected and Facebook has paid three times more to Instagram which is an another growing social media brand. Then, Facebook built a “self-destructing” messaging service of its own, calling it “Poke” and offering it as an independent app download on iOS and Android.

Facebook is working on a messaging app called Slingshot to compete SnapChat. According to a report from CNET, Facebook is in the process of designing a new “ephemeral messaging app” called Slingshot, which could be available for download as early as this month.

Re: Facebook Update - Working on its own messaging app called 'Slingshot'

I have seen a few people I know use SnapChat and I couldn't for the life of me understand why you couldn't open photos again until I was told "that's how it works." Safe to say I don't use it .

Comment

I agree, even I do not use Snapchat and I may give a pass to Slingsot as well. Having said that, Slingshot will definitely find its fair share of initial users and gain popularity since it is a Facebook developed messaging app.
      eUKhost Ltd.
      Part of the Hyperslice Group

Email: [email protected]
      Phone: 0800 862 0380
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Im gonna try be the first person to send nakeds over Slingshot, I have to be a first at something.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Facebook wants to be a part of everything these days and if it could it would buy all the tech companies. And when it cannot buy it will create its own version.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            Im gonna try be the first person to send nakeds over Slingshot, I have to be a first at something.
            How did I miss this comment....?

Comment

Working...
            X