Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google to spread Internet with own Satellites.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google to spread Internet with own Satellites.

Google is working on a project which will bring high speed internet access to far off areas of the world and would connect it using its own fleet of satellites.

The search engine giant is spending billions in the project which would start off with 180 small but high capacity low orbit satellites which would provide wireless internet access.

Although the novel project is said to connect the 2/3 of the world which is currently without Internet it will also prove to be a great revenue source which would be exclusive to Google.

What do you think?

Re: Google to spread Internet with own Satellites.

I would say this is a good move from Google. I know later they will earn more than their investment, but the positive side is 2/3 of the world which is presently living without the Internet will get access to it.

Comment

It is a good way to address a need and also benefit from it.
      eUKhost Ltd.: eUK Web Hosting | eUK Dedicated Servers | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Build a Website
      Join our Affiliate program for free and earn up to 400 per sale!
      "A DECADE OF EXCELLENT SUPPORT"

Comment

This is a really great step by Google after launching their first no driver car which works on the Google map platform.

Comment

Indeed a very nice way to get your name our there even if it is costing them billions. Once launched, that 2/3 of the world which is currently without Internet would know Google first before anything else on the Internet.

Come to think of it, getting more number of people online increases the number of people who can see Google ads. Smart investment indeed
          Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
          Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
          Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Certainly this is a smart investment and it’s beneficial for us as well because competition at this point in the Internet Services will bring down the pricing. It’s really important, because the Internet access in some remote areas cost too much and it's always like a dial-up connection. Hope Google can do much better.

According to some news Google is planning to launch 180 satellites to spread the Internet. Hope this will not create a traffic jam situation in orbit

Comment

Not like its a new thing with satellite internet, I'm thinking of getting satellite broadband to replace my hard wire connection as I can only get 1-2 Mbps. Is a fantastic idea as long as you can put up with the latency. Currently you would expect 1000-3000ms latency with UK based satellite internet. Great idea for remote areas though, kudos to Google.
              Interesting, let me think on this....... to the think tank!

Comment

Originally posted by eUK.Ed View Post
                Not like its a new thing with satellite internet, I'm thinking of getting satellite broadband to replace my hard wire connection as I can only get 1-2 Mbps. Is a fantastic idea as long as you can put up with the latency. Currently you would expect 1000-3000ms latency with UK based satellite internet. Great idea for remote areas though, kudos to Google.
                I also have to suffer with ADSL speeds as there is no fibre broadband here yet, which is a real shame. Before I had to move apartments, I was on 60 Mbps - 65 Mbps fibre broadband. Then when I moved, I now have to live with 2.5 Mbps. I would consider satellite broadband but the cost is just not worth it. Yes, it's not more expensive than ADSL/fibre broadband on its own, but the equipment you need forces you to make a choice between a long contract/loan or paying for the equipment upfront, which isn't cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X