Google Glass is Banned in UK Cinemas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Glass is Banned in UK Cinemas

After a long time Google has managed to launch Google glass in the UK. Google has faced many problems, the UK transport department does not allow drivers to use it while driving and after this the Cinema Exhibitors Association (CEA) Head Phil Clap said, ”We will not allow Google glass in cinema theaters.” Google suggested cinemas to simply ask wearers to turn it off before the film starts. “It's a smart eyewear device that can record video and should be treated like any small gadget such as mobile phones.” Stated by Google.

But CEA decided not to wear Google glass in cinemas because it can record things secretly.

Re: Google Glass is Banned in UK Cinemas

Fair call I believe in order to prevent secret recordings and rampant piracy.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

List of places should be announced where it can be used.
      James Anderson
      eUKhost Ltd
      Skype - jameswebuk
      Email - james [@] eukhost.com

Comment

Google glass and the products that spin from it mark the end of any privacy we thought we had. I hate it! At least with camera's etc you can see people trying to record and you can tell them to stop. With glass and its spin offs you know its going to get more and more discreet to where you wont be able to tell the difference between it and glasses. I imagine the p0rn industry with benefit greatly from it.

In the US you can actually drive while wearing them too, I cant believe I am the only one to see how that will end up ...

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

I am still trying to figure out why Google is developing this tech in the first place? What happened to Google just focusing on a core set of services instead of trying to do many things that have very little relevance to search? I don't want to be going outside and constantly paranoid of being filmed by someone with their glasses. I hope it is banned in the UK full stop or at least the government legislate to require these kinds of devices to have a visible light that appears when the device is recording audio/video.

Comment

Visible light will just be disabled. If they do an outright ban then it would be the first good law the Uk passed in forever imho. I wish the US would do it.

Originally posted by ReeceUK View Post
            I am still trying to figure out why Google is developing this tech in the first place? What happened to Google just focusing on a core set of services instead of trying to do many things that have very little relevance to search? I don't want to be going outside and constantly paranoid of being filmed by someone with their glasses. I hope it is banned in the UK full stop or at least the government legislate to require these kinds of devices to have a visible light that appears when the device is recording audio/video.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              Visible light will just be disabled. If they do an outright ban then it would be the first good law the Uk passed in forever imho. I wish the US would do it.
              I don't think the UK government would ban it unfortunately. However I do think if they are pushed enough, they may legislate to require these kinds of wearable devices to have LED indicators on them so people know when it is recording. Either way, these devices are a big concern on privacy. I don't support Google in their development of this sort of technology.

Comment

I am sure Google has politicians in its pockets so a ban would never happen. We all know the LED can and will be disabled if it had one. I feel sorrry for girls and anybody with daughters these days. We all know what the primary use for this kind of technology will be.

Comment

Working...
                X