Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro$oft does whatever it wants, again ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro$oft does whatever it wants, again ....

Earlier today, we released a joint statement with Microsoft announcing the settlement of the unprecedented and overreaching seizure of 23 of our domains. We are thrilled to announce the settlement of this dispute and are excited to return to work connecting our 18 million users to their website and devices.
    How did this happen?
    On Monday, June 30, 2014, Microsoft obtained a US court order to take control of our most popular domain names used by both our Free and Enhanced Dynamic DNS services. As a result, nearly 5 million hostnames went dark and 1.8 million customer websites and devices became unreachable.
    Update: Details on Microsoft Takeover | No-IP Blog - Managed DNS Services

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Re: Micro$oft does whatever it wants, again ....

CEO of No-IP doesn't sound as angry as he ought to be Let's just get this right: Microsoft seized 23 of the company's domains, likely causing revenue loss. I would have gone through the roof if it was my business. Instead of just "regretting" for the "inconvenience", how about Microsoft directly apologising to No-IP customers and admitting they made a terrible judgement call to go to the courts instead of contacting No-IP directly?

Comment

My blood would be boiling too. If I had any previous respect for Micro$oft before this it would have been lost but I am not sure how to portray that company anymore. Absolutely sickening to pull your weight like that and harm another company. I recently somewhat defended M$ and the fines the received in the EU in a conversation with Ben. Id like to retract that and hope they get fined for every little thing from here on out.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

I own a domain that has "microsoft" in it and they've found me as the most difficult person ever to deal with. it's my personal dispute with them, but they've come to know through me how much people hate their name.
        eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          My blood would be boiling too. If I had any previous respect for Micro$oft before this it would have been lost but I am not sure how to portray that company anymore. Absolutely sickening to pull your weight like that and harm another company. I recently somewhat defended M$ and the fines the received in the EU in a conversation with Ben. Id like to retract that and hope they get fined for every little thing from here on out.
          You may go back and amend your statement .

Comment

We enjoy excellent relationship with Microsoft UK, last time they tracked my location and invited me and Robert to their "Thames Valley Park". we got royal treatment at their beautiful office, but within few months their American legal department sent a legal notice to me for the domain.

They don't have any interaction between their teams, neither they have any internal system that tracks their customers and relationship managers of respective customers. if they continue in this manner, they will ruin their business.
            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Working...
            X