Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twitter's New Peek Update!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Twitter's New Peek Update!

    The social network says it will start collecting data on which apps its users have downloaded onto their phones. The update is opt-out, meaning Twitter will start collecting this information from users automatically unless they explicitly tell it otherwise.

    Twitter says the reason for the update is simple: Itís trying to learn more about its user base so it can make more money selling ads.

    Now that's What I can call as a Delightful(Unwanted) Service.

  • #2
    Re: Twitter's New Peek Update!

    Originally posted by Stuart_Hancock View Post
    The social network says it will start collecting data on which apps its users have downloaded onto their phones. The update is opt-out, meaning Twitter will start collecting this information from users automatically unless they explicitly tell it otherwise.

    Twitter says the reason for the update is simple: It’s trying to learn more about its user base so it can make more money selling ads.

    Now that's What I can call as a Delightful(Unwanted) Service.
    So, from now onwards get ready to experience ads on your smartphones….

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Twitter's New Peek Update!

      Thank you Twitter. You have now made me infinitely more productive by forcing me to delete your application from my iPhone. God Bless your Creepy Evilness.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Twitter's New Peek Update!

        Originally posted by Bronchwest View Post
        Thank you Twitter. You have now made me infinitely more productive by forcing me to delete your application from my iPhone. God Bless your Creepy Evilness.
        Howdy! Usually I don’t argue with someone’s personal opinion , but I think if you delete twitter from your Cell just because it’s collecting some personal data to throw targeted ads in front of you, then probably you will have to remove Facebook, WhatsApp and other applications as well.

        According to the news, twitter is trying to boost its revenue and it’s important for them because now it’s a public limited company and they are trying to please their investors. So, I see nothing wrong to collect users’ data and if I am not mistaken almost every company gather some kind of users’ data to target or re-target users’ interest to improve revenue. Hence, it’s a business and in business money comes first.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Twitter's New Peek Update!

          No offence to anyone's opinion here, I personally think this is creepy to get information of other apps installed on a device, howbeit this can be stopped by tweaking a few setting on your phone

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Twitter's New Peek Update!

            Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
            Howdy! Usually I don’t argue with someone’s personal opinion , but I think if you delete twitter from your Cell just because it’s collecting some personal data to throw targeted ads in front of you, then probably you will have to remove Facebook, WhatsApp and other applications as well.

            According to the news, twitter is trying to boost its revenue and it’s important for them because now it’s a public limited company and they are trying to please their investors. So, I see nothing wrong to collect users’ data and if I am not mistaken almost every company gather some kind of users’ data to target or re-target users’ interest to improve revenue. Hence, it’s a business and in business money comes first.

            Already done with it.
            When FB tried this stunt I uninstalled their app.
            Now I am uninstalling Twitter app.
            Wonder if the PHB's are smart enough to detect the trend here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Twitter's New Peek Update!

              Originally posted by Stuart_Hancock View Post
              Wonder if the PHB's are smart enough to detect the trend here.
              Care to explain what does PHB stand for here?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Twitter's New Peek Update!

                Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
                Care to explain what does PHB stand for here?
                It's just an abbreviation for pointy-haired boss referring to the character in Dilbert comic strip. (Mostly suitable for Dick Costolo in this discussion)

                Comment

                Working...
                X