Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Undo Send button now in Gmail, in case you did not want to send your last email.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Undo Send button now in Gmail, in case you did not want to send your last email.

The ‘Undo Send’ button is one of the most prevalent experimental features to come from Gmail Labs. After a long time period as an experimental feature, it is ready to become an official Gmail feature over the Internet. For the users who have been using the Undo Send feature i.e., the lab version will have this feature by default enabled in their mail. Other users will have to go to Gmail settings and enable this feature.

Most of us have gone through regret when we have clicked on the send button and sent an email which may have an error or there was something that should not have been in the sent email. From the time you hit the send button, for a selected time slot the Undo Send would be functional. This is enough time for most of the users to avert the email leaving their mailbox. The users have to select a time slot for the delay ranging from 5 to 30 seconds. What do you think of the Undo Send Feature?

New Undo Send button now in Gmail, in case you did not want to send your last email.

I remember sending an email, but then realized that there were some errors in the email content, I could do nothing but had to draft another email and had to send the corrected email once again. If the email which you want to send is having a considerable value say for a business deal and you send the email with errors, then it may reduce your first impression due to the present errors in the email content. I think that this Undo Send button is a very nice feature addition to Gmail.

Comment

Re: New Undo Send button now in Gmail, in case you did not want to send your last email.

This is a great feature Gmail has come up with, I guess the email is held on google server until the time elapses.

Comment

Re: New Undo Send button now in Gmail, in case you did not want to send your last email.

Is that actually new ? I have been using it for two years (corporate email hosted with Google). Its a good feature, not really an undo send but more of a delayed send.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Google is wonderful, this is something very unique feature added to the Gmail and really worth to use.

Comment

This seems to be a nice feature, the person who sends the email will have the option to set the time slot for the delay. I am just imagining that may be in the future, even after this delay time feature was used, but still an email with the error was sent, will there be any option to delete the email from the recipient's inbox?

Comment

Good feature added to Gmail. I am concerned that even after all these precautionary steps the email recipient reads the email then? The current technology would not be able to rectify this because we are still far from the technology where minds can be downloaded.

Comment

Unless used by a significant number of users I would hold myself from commenting on the usability of this feature by Gmail the ‘Undo Send’. One thing I would like to mention that this feature will make some of the users to be more careless because the users will now think that they have the undo send feature.

Comment

Working...
                X