Twitter will celebrate users’ birthday with balloons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter will celebrate users’ birthday with balloons

Twitter on your birthday will make sure that you get a happy birthday message along with animated balloons visible in your Twitter handle. An option to set your date of birth that will appear in your profile page. Started on 6th of July the users can now show their birthday in their Twitter profile. By choosing the Edit profile option, users can add their birth date to their Twitter Profile on Twitter.com

Users can have full control over who can view their birthday as it is the optional part of their profile. The visibility setting for the users’ birth month and the day is separate from their birth year, which gives them the complete liberty to share as they want. After the users fill their date of birth and save the changes, then on their birthday, they can see a screen full of colourful balloons that emerge from the bottom of the screen and move up to the top and also some timely tweets of congratulations. Sources have revealed that this move will place Twitter in a better position to understand which ads the users want to see.

No matter what level of privacy the user sets. This information will be used for marketing purposes; a support database note confirms that users’ date of birth will be used to show them more relevant content which also includes ads. What do you have to say about this?

Re: Twitter will celebrate users’ birthday with balloons

If Twitter only wanted to bring smiles on the face of the users, then it is a welcome move. Though we know it has been some time now that Twitter was not able to make full use of its user base for commercial purposes, but recent announcements indicate that users’ date of birth info will be used for categorization of users according to age so that appropriate ads can be pitched to the users.

Comment

The changes in all the major social media platforms had done because they need followers to promote business ads on the profile to help brands earn targeted consumers.

Comment

Brand promoters want to promote brands, but they prefer niche because most of the products and services are meant for the particular niche of customers. So the introduction of birthday celebrations is a part of Twitters’ corporate strategy. Most of the users would definitely feel glad unless their privacy is not intruded by these brands.

Comment

People who understand the intricacies of business know that this kind of update which seems to be in favour of the users is actually a part of the commercial plan. When the users are the products as it happens with most of the social networking website then nothing much can be done. So the users are requested to just enjoy it.

Comment

I had set my birth in the profile>>edit profile and after a couple of days it was going to be my birthday. On the day of my birthday, I was greeted with colourful animated balloons that came from the screen bottom. This made me feel happy. It may be a strategy by the microblogging website to get information, but everybody wants to run their business so I am fine with it.

Comment

Working...
            X