Complete Wordpress Vs Drupal Vs Joomla Comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Wordpress Vs Drupal Vs Joomla Comparison

The #1 Content Management System trophy is engraved with the WordPress CMS name. It is an open source CMS used by nearly millions of users. Drupal has also made its footprints in the heart of many users and corporations. While Joomla is one of the most promising content management system after Wordpress, and it is the CMS Trusted By Millions for their Websites and base is increasing day by day. Let’s look at the features and characteristics of these 3 CMS Monsters of all time.

Wordpress
    One of the leading name in the world’s most popular content management system starts with Wordpress. This is an open source community project started out as an exclusively for bloggers and expanded significantly over the years. Because of its features and functionality over 40% of websites across the Internet are using this CMS as a base for their website. The WordPress is search engine friendly and flexible to customise. It takes a few clicks to get a quick start with it and offers many advantages to those looking to create a website or a blog. Some of the most significant benefits to Wordpress include the following:

Released in 2003 By Matt Mullenwegg
    Popularity: >140 Million Downloads
    Cost: Free
    Free Themes: 2000+
    Free Plugins: 27000+
    One Click Installation Availability: Yes
    Manual Installation Time: 5 Minutes
    Ease Of Moderation: 1/3
    Level Of Skill Required: 1/3
    Update Frequency: 42 Days
    Mobile Friendly: Yes
    Best Used For: Blogs, Corporate Websites, small-medium sized websites

Drupal
    The second most useful CMS after WordPress is Drupal. If you are considering Drupal then you require to possess basic knowledge of HTML, PHP and other common web programming languages to make customization. Drupal is the first choice of many and allow SEO friendliness, it is exceedingly powerful, and is less resource intensive than that of WordPress. Easy to set up in just few clicks and industry leading content portal used by large corporations. Some of the most significant benefits of Drupal include the following:

Released in 2001 by Dries buytaert
    Popularity: >15 Million Downloads
    Free Themes: 1800+
    Free Plugins: 24000+
    Manual Installation Time: 10 Min
    Ease Of Moderation: 3/3
    Level Of Skill Required: 2/3
    Update Frequency: 51 Days
    Best Used For: One size fits all

Joomla
    Joomla is an open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. It is constructed on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be applied independently of the CMS. Joomla has written in object oriented programming language PHP and it uses MySQL to stores data. Joomla is designed to function as a powerful content management system, which can play smoothly on most network servers without any troubles. It doesn’t need the same degree of expert experience to run as Drupal, but it nonetheless provides many of the extra features. Like Drupal and WordPress, Joomla does have a lot of plug-ins and themes available to select from, and then you can customize your website to see and function in whatever path you want. Some of the most significant benefits of Drupal include the following:

Released in 2005 by Forked from Mambo
    Popularity: >30 Million Downloads
    Free Themes: 900+
    Free Plugins: 7000+
    Manual Installation Time: 10 Minutes
    Ease Of Moderation: 2/3
    Level Of Skill Required: 2/3
    Update Frequency: 36 days
    Best Used For: e-commerce, social networking websites
    Last edited by Asher Ross; 20-08-2015, 16:04.
    eUKhost LTD : 13 Years Of Web Hosting Excellence !!!
    Wordpress Blog Hosting | Website Security Bundles | SSL Certificates
    eNlight Cloud Server Hosting Services : World's no.1 Intelligent Cloud Hosting Platform.

Re: Complete Wordpress Vs Drupal Vs Joomla Comparison

Hi,
    I think WordPess would always be the first choice of many because of its flexible features and functionality. I have used WodPress to build my fist website and experience was amazing it takes a few minutes for me to have it ready.

Comment

Honestly, I like Joomla a lot WordPress is a worth install but because of enormous vulnerable activities and malicious attacks, I prefer Joomla.

Comment

Yes, you have rightly pointed out that WordPress can be vulnerable, but with the uses of WordPress Security plugins you can fortify the security of your WordPress website. The code that is used in WordPress is very clean which makes it favorable in search engines; hence the website gets better position in SERPs.

Comment

Even I created my first website using wordpress ..
          One of the best CMS's and gradually has become so user friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Colin-B View Post
            Even I created my first website using wordpress ..
            One of the best CMS's and gradually has become so user friendly
            You are right colin wordpress is the most useful and ready to use CMS with numerous designs and plugins which makes task very easy for newbies like us.

Comment

The reason why WordPress became so popular is due to the numerous advantages and user-friendliness of WordPress which was initially created as a blogging platform.

Comment

I would recommend to build a Website with WordPress due to its easy use and there is no need for HTML editing or FTP software, WordPress has an intuitive user interface and the time that is spent on formatting is significantly reduced.

Comment

Working...
                X