Is Twitter Really Considering 10,000 Character Limit for Tweets???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Twitter Really Considering 10,000 Character Limit for Tweets???

According to multiple sources of Recode, Twitter is actually planning to increase the character limit from 140 to 10,000. Twitter is building a feature that will allow you to create such long tweets. The launch date is yet to be decided, but it seems that it will be coming by the end of first quarter of 2016.

Re: Is Twitter Really Considering 10,000 Character Limit for Tweets???

I have also read that Twitter wants to increase the number of characters they offer in a tweet. I'm not sure this is such a great idea. The beauty of Twitter is the short tweets. They are simple and easy to read. Increasing the number of characters will complicate the tweets and we'll be forced to read long tweet instead of short one. I personally don't like this idea at all.

Comment

Yes it is true that twitter is coming up with a new feature to make tweets of 10,000 characters. However, no final data is declared for the launch of new feature.With this new feature, it is expected that people will stay on twitter page rather than jumping to other sites. This can help in boosting user's engagement along with other features of site.

Comment

Ooh no! what's the point in increasing the tweet characters limit?

If they are trying to copy the LinkedIn Publishing Platform, they should have created different blog section for that purpose. I am really not gonna like such long annoying tweets coming on my twitter home.

Comment

Well even I wouldn't prefer long tweets coming on my twitter home. But,this new feature will allow users to click on "Read More" option to view more than 140 characters that appear in the news feed. The basic ideology is to keep the small tweets still prevalent while enabling more content for the users to be a part of the tweet.

Comment

Oooh! Thanks Priya.

I thought I will have a twitter home full of 10,000 characters tweets and I won't be able to find my favorite tweets.

Comment

Working...
            X