My domains always register with the wrong nameservers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My domains always register with the wrong nameservers?

Every time I purchase a domain here when it shows up in my customer account area it always has completely the wrong nameservers. If I attempt to change the nameservers to the correct ones, it tells me the update failed and shows the following message :-

Updating nameservers failed. Please try again. 541

Previously if I've had issues with getting websites on said domains uploaded and showing online and I've posted here on the forums for advice, somehow or other, the nameservers are suddenly changed to the correct ones. Why is this?. Would it not be easier for any domains I register to actually be registered with the correct nameservers in the first place?. Or is this not possible?. If not, why can't I change the nameservers myself to the correct ones that all my other domains and websites use?.

Pollock Ross | Highland & Hill Associates | Our Disney Holiday Villa | Smart First Aid Training

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have been through.

I've forwarded this issue to our In-house Development team so that they can have a close look into this matter and get the issue fixed at the earliest.

Comment

Hmmmm, can't say I've ever encountered this problem. Usually, from what I remember, you should be able to change your nameservers yourself .
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
      - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Phillips View Post
        Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have been through.

I've forwarded this issue to our In-house Development team so that they can have a close look into this matter and get the issue fixed at the earliest.
        Thanks Aaron, appreciated. Apologies if my initial post came across as a bit abrupt.

David, you are supposed to be able to change the nameservers yourself but it spits out the error I mentioned above when you try to do so.

Pollock Ross | Highland & Hill Associates | Our Disney Holiday Villa | Smart First Aid Training

Comment

Thanks for finding the shortcoming and reporting to us. I'm very much sure that this issue will get fixed as soon our In-house development team starts working on it.

Meanwhile, if you wish to change the nameserver's for any domain name in your account, you may email us to billing[@]eukhost.com so that our billing admin can get the nameserver's updated from the registrar panel.

Comment

Our registrar ENOM has done some changes in API, thus resulting in an error while updating the nameserver's from client area. We have emailed ENOM to look into this matter of urgency. Meanwhile, our In-house Development team has fixed the error and you should now be able to update the nameserver's without any error.

While placing an order for domain name, an option to update/change the nameserver's are provided for the each order of domains. Entering the correct nameserver's while placing an order will surely do the job for the client's. Also, I assure that you won't find incorrect nameserver's against any new order for the domain name in future.

Comment

Awesome stuff. Many thanks indeed Aaron.

Comment

Working...
              X