Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain ownership approval

Hello,

I registered a .com domain name through your site earlier today and I've just received an email requesting me to approve the ownership of the domain name. Please tell me what action is required from my end?

Re: Domain ownership approval

Hello,

Recently ICANN, the organization that manages the gTLD name(s) over the internet has introduced some changes for domain name registration. Once a domain name is registered, our registrar ENOM sends an email to the Registrant contact email address of the domain name.

The Registrant needs to verify the ownership by clicking the link in the email. If the Registrant fails to verify the ownership, ENOM suspends the domain name after 15 days from the date of registration. The same process is followed during the change of contact details for a domain name.

Once you've approved the ownership of a domain by clicking the link sent to the Registrant contact email address, ENOM will consider it as a "Verified" contact and will no more send verification emails to the same Registrant Email Address in future.

For instance, if you register example(dot)com with the Registrant email address as [email protected](dot)com, ENOM will send the verification email to [email protected](dot)com. Once you've approved the ownership by clicking the link in the email, ENOM will consider the Registrant Email Address as a "Verified" contact.

If you register any other domain name with the same email address, ENOM won't send you a verification email as they have already concluded [email protected](dot)com as a verified contact.

You may access the Registrant contact email address and click the link to approve the ownership of the domain name.

Regards,
    Adam Smith

Comment

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation Adam. I will go ahead and click on the link to verify my email address. In case I wish to change the registrant details in the future, is that an easy process? Are there any charges involved?

Comment

Hello,

My pleasure Should you wish to update any of the contact information, you can simply login to the Client Area and follow the below mentioned steps :

Client Area >> Services >> Manage Domains >> "View Details" which is to the extreme right of the domain name >> Update Contact Information >> Save Changes.

You won't have to pay any charges to update the contact information, nameservers or host records for your gTLD name.

Regards,
        Adam Smith

Comment

Hi Adam,

Are there any charges involved in updating the contact details of a .uk domain name?

Comment

Hello Ed,

You won't have to pay any charges to update the address, phone number or email address for the .uk domain name. However, in order to change the Registrant Name, you will have to contact Nominet and pay them a fees of 10 GBP + VAT.

Regards,
            Adam Smith

Comment

ban-img
            Working...
            X